Spring Events In The Charleston Area To Get Rid Of Your Winter Blues

Welcome the warm weather with these awesome events

21
https://carriegillaspie.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/DSC_4806_1w.jpg

Spring is upon us in good ole Charleston, South Carolina despite the ups and downs in temperature. The weather is warming up, plants are in bloom, and the days have gotten longer; we're finally getting away from the dreary ways of late winter weather. There's never any shortage of things to do in Charleston, but with the end of winter comes the beginning of some great events. Whether you live in the area are are looking for something fun to do locally or you're visiting our awesome city, make sure to check out these great happenings that are here to welcome Springtime.

1. Charleston Fashion Week

theevents.charlestonfashionweek.com

Charleston Fashion Week has been a staple event North American fashion since its founding in 2007. The event has been reimagined to include a series of programs spread throughout the year. Each event features different fashion experiences and none of them are to be missed.

Events begin on March 22. Visit this site for more information.

2. Cooper River Bridge Run

today.cofc.edu

The Cooper River Bridge Run began in 1978 and has been a highlight event in Charleston ever since. The race is the third largest 10K and fifth largest road race in the United States. It draws around 40,000 runners, walkers, wheelchair racers, and everything in between. Even if running isn't your thing, you can take the race at your own pace and experience the awesome event!

The run is on April 6. To learn more, click here.

3. Flowertown Festival

carnescharleston.com

The Flowertown Festival was founded in 1972 and is now in its 46th year. The event takes place in the streets of beautiful downtown Summerville with an array of features. There will be plenty of food, arts, crafts and much more to see so head to azalea covered Summerville and have a great time seeing what this festival has to offer!

The Flowertown Festival is happening April 5-7. Visit this link to learn more.

4. North Charleston Arts Festival

northcharlestonartsfest.com

The North Charleston Arts Festival showcases many different forms of art over the course of its running week. The event highlights national, regional, and local artists and performers in dance, music, theatre, media arts, visual arts, and literature. After being established in 1982, the North Charleston Arts Festival have grown into one of the most comprehensive arts festivals in the state and drawing in 30,000 visitors. It offers something for everyone from concerts to theatre presentations to workshops and even children's programs.

Attend the North Charleston Arts Festival May 1-5. Click here to learn more about the event.

5. Spoleto Festival USA

danielisland.com

Founded in 1977 by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Gian Carlo Menotti, the Spoleto Festival is one of America's biggest performing arts festivals. It spans 17 days and showcases both established artists as well as up-and-comers. With everything from opera, theatre, musicals, dance, visual arts, music, and more, the Spoleto Festival is a massive event with something for everyone. You won't want to miss the incredible experience it offers.

This year, Spoleto will be held May 24-June 9. To learn more about it, click here.

Have a wonderful entry to Spring at all of these fantastic Lowcountry events!