Places To Travel For Spring Break On A Budget

8 Places College Kids Can Go For Spring Break If They're On A Budget

A break from school doesn't have to break your bank account.

82

Spring semester is in full swing, which means it's time to start considering places to travel to during spring break. However, if you're like any other college student and have spent a lot on tuition or textbooks, then you're probably traveling on a low budget. Luckily, there are tons of places that you can travel to that won't drain out your bank account!

1. Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Gatlinburg

This is the easiest place to travel when you are on a budget. Gatlinburg has a lot of attractions and shops that you can visit! The restaurants there can get expensive, but if you decide to go there on vacation for three days rather than the whole week, the expenses drop down to a more reasonable price. Plus, there are also hotels there that are not too expensive, and some of the attractions don't cost too much such as the mini golf.

2. Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Luca Bravo / Unsplash

If you're looking to travel somewhere that is great for a road trip, then you should consider traveling to the Grand Canyon! And since it's a national park, it is free to visit unless you decide to stay at a hotel. It's also a great place to travel to if you enjoy stargazing since there is no light pollution.

3. Atlanta, Georgia

Atlanta is another fun big city destination that's fun to travel to for spring break! Most of the museums or attractions are either free or have a low cost. In addition, the flight isn't too expensive ranging at $177, or you can make it into a road trip instead. One thing you should consider before traveling to Atlanta is that the traffic is horrendous there, so if you plan on flying to Atlanta, consider traveling by the rail system known as MARTA instead of renting a car.

4. Memphis, Tennessee

Memphis is a great place to travel if you enjoy barbecue and music! It has a huge amount of restaurants that serve barbecue along with tons of nightclubs and live music! The restaurants and attractions are also very affordable and great for anyone who is traveling on a budget! Plus there are hotels there that are fairly inexpensive. According to Money Crashers, prices start at $22.22 per person per night for hotels in Memphis. It's a definitely a place you should consider traveling to if you're on a budget for spring break.

5. Nashville, Tennessee

Nashville Tennessee

One great part about Nashville is that there's so much to do! It's known as the city where country music artists start their career path. There are tons of museums on country music such as the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Johnny Cash Museum. In addition, most of the restaurants, museums and hotels are not too expensive if you look carefully. So it's a great place to go on a road trip with your friends if you're traveling on a budget this spring semester.

6. Daytona, Florida

Daytona Beach

gamiziuk / Flickr

If you're looking to travel somewhere in Florida that isn't too expensive, Daytona is a great option! There are tons of restaurants and attractions that you can visit in Daytona that are inexpensive. There are water parks, arcades, go-karts and mini golf! There are also tons of different hotel options that you can choose from if you're looking for a hotel that will fit your budget. So if you're looking for a place to travel that isn't too expensive that includes attractions, restaurants, and a beach, you should check out going to Daytona, Florida!

7. Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park

This is a great place to travel if you enjoy the outdoors! Glacier National Park is great to visit if you're on a budget since there's no charge to go there besides hotel prices! In addition, according to U.S. News, it has more than 700 lakes, two mountain ranges and 1 million acres of land. It also is a favorite destination spot for hikers. It's also beautiful to visit in the spring!

8. Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville Florida

Finally, another great place to travel to when you're on a budget is Jacksonville. Not only does it have a gorgeous beach, but it has tons of attractions that you can visit that are inexpensive! There's the downtown riverside arts market which has tons of stalls that sells a lot of crafts. In addition, there are art museums that charge small fees such as Cummer Art Museum and Garden with prices at $6 each for students.

So if you find yourself on a budget for booking a trip this spring break, you should check some of the vacation spots listed above! It can be hard finding the right vacation spot, especially if you're limited on your budget. However, if you pick any of these vacation spots, you can not only save money this spring break, but you can also enjoy having a small break from the stress of the college spring semester.