I Am Positive And I Am Positive You Can Be Positive Too

Don't worry, be happy.

207
Julie Smith

Although summer may seem like a time filled with happiness and skipping through bright daisies, for some of us it can actually bring a whole torrent of new obstacles. Work, families, and being home are just the start of it.

But life is good, and God is good, and we push through. Inner strength and determination is one way, but the other way is through positivity and fun. I encourage every single person that reads this to do one fun thing A DAY for themselves. Treat yo' self. In little ways, every single day!

Disclaimer: That doesn't mean get frozen yogurt every day and then angrily call me when your scale breaks. It means: do one thing a day that makes you happy.

The fun part is that the fun thing can be anything you choose. Anything that makes you happy.

What does this even look like? I made a small list to help. ;)

Buy the cute colored hand sanitizer that you know you'll use maybe once.

Buy a yummy treat at the grocery store that you can think of and then devour later!

Play your favorite song, or artist, in the car even if your coworker will try to kick you out of the carpool next time.

Sing, and dance. If you can't help but wiggle and tap your foot a little at a song, you were made to dance to it. So do it. I give you my permission.

Hug someone, kiss someone! (Only with their permission and probably not strangers though)

Write or read! Even just a chapter of a book you have read before. I never understand why people don't re-read books! I do. I love to be re-immersed and see how my favorite characters have been doing in my absence.

Make a plan with an old friend to catch up! Get doughnuts or something. Go to your old favorite place!

But the best way to be happy, the most surefire trick to bring a smile to your face is to do good unto others:

Text someone a reminder of something you think they know. They had a low self confidence day and you just fixed that.

Tell a stranger something that you noticed! Their smile is brighter than the sun and so cute!

Play a video game with your brother or have a tea party with your little sister.

Tell your parents you love them.

Remember that even if you do this and get no reaction or a negative one, you have done good. You were honest and sweet and even if they don't appreciate it, you should be proud. The only way to make the world a better place is to be good and bright, and share that with others.

Now some good for you, from me:

You are beautiful. You are kind. You are loved.

Repeat that if it hasn't clicked yet, because it's important.

Now, today is your day and this week is your week because you will make it so!

Positivity, love, and happiness. Spread it to the world. Put it on a post-it. Remember it.

Or, just... smile.