Spiteful People Don't Get Far
Friendships

Putting People Down Won't Bring You Up

To the spiteful and petty people out there who will do anything to put other people down.

122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SYnc0x4YQ&t=45s
Mean Girls

Something I've truly never been able to understand is people putting other people down. How can you consciously do something negative to someone and not feel bad about it?

But what gets me, even more, is when people do it to people who were once a big part of their life, people they've spent time with and made memories with, and people they've seen the struggle and work really hard.

There are people out there who have been a huge part of my life in the past that I've either chosen to no longer let be a part of my life or I've just grown apart from. I still wish nothing but the best things for those people, because regardless of what happened between us at one point, they were important to me.

So to all the people out there who will do anything to put someone down, I have some advice for you.

Putting someone down or attempting to make them feel less will not bring you up or make you more. You are bashing something that's important to them, something that they've struggled through or something that is special to them.

At the end of the day, you are only making them realize that removing you from their life is only making it better that, in reality, they never really needed you in the first place if you couldn't continue to be happy for them after your time together was over. You are proving to them that they are so much better off without you and are truly the bigger person to come out of the relationship.

Whether they're an ex-friend, ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend, you have zero right to degrade something that means something to them, regardless of how you feel about them or the terms you were on when you last spoke to them. Whether you're bitter because they broke up with you or just can't believe they chose not to include them in your life anymore.

Whether you say something negative about them to a mutual friend, on social media, or just downright to their face. Whether it's about something they wrote or their new significant other. You have a lot of growing up left to do.

At the end of the day, you are the person in the wrong, and you are only bringing yourself down.

We all wish you the best of luck and hope you get better soon. Jealousy is an awful sickness and you definitely have it.