Why You Might Be Hannah From 'Girls' Too

Have you ever watched a show and realized you and the protagonist are the same person?

36

Over fall break, a friend and I were recommended to watch "Girls." I had heard a bit about the series, but heard it was pretty raunchy, yet hilarious enough to power through those scenes. We binge watched three seasons in three days. With each episode, the protagonist, Hannah Horvath, became more and more relatable. She is Jessica Day with a twist and more tattoos. Every other scene I couldn't help but say, "Crap, she's me." And here is why.

People may question my maturity at times, but I know where I stand.

Lean Cuisine.

Someone asks, "Are you busy?" Hell yes, I am. I'm busy figuring out what exactly my life is going to look like next week; anything beyond that is entirely irrelevant at this moment in time.

It's still Christmas break and that is all I currently know.

If I had a FitBit my steps would maybe make it to 5,000 on a good day. I also took a nap yesterday...

...for five hours.

We thrive on the same compliments, even if we can't properly accept them.

"You are a good writer." And you've swooned me for life.

Sometimes the best way to express yourself is through song lyrics. Doesn't even matter what it sounds like, you do you.

"Back beat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt."

Physical activity is our niche.

Just kidding. I struggle to breath walking up a flight of stairs.

Pushing the limits with fashion choices is a part of who we are.

I won't insult your crop top, if you don't insult my pattern-on-pattern attire.

When people say things we don't agree with, it is dealt with the same way.

My facial expression hides nothing.

Going home means one thing: free food.

No, Mom, I have no idea what happened to all the groceries you just bought.

If we see a creature in need of a home, we will create space for it.

Puppies always have a special spot.

There is no shame in having a sweet tooth.

Yes, I would eat a cupcake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We recognize even Wednesdays have potential for greatness.

Let the weekend begin.

Space is necessary for self-expression.

And it's possible we get irritable without it.

And lastly, she's just trying to make her words matter to someone in some kind of way.

Just a writer trying to finish sentences.

Thank you Lena Dunham for bringing my spirit animal to light.