Try Spending Valentine's Day With Your Girls Instead Of Your Boyfriend
Valentines Day

7 Reasons To Spend Valentine's Day With Your Girls Instead Of Your Significant Other

Love might not last forever, but friendship will last till the end of time.

114
friends laughing

We all know that Valentine's Day is about spending time with the love of your life. Why not spend it with the loves of your life instead? This year, try having a Galentine's Day dinner with your girls.

1. Who came first?

Let's be real. Most likely, your friends came into your life before your significant other. They've seen you go through some tough times, but they were always there for you. Any time you had a problem or you just wanted to vent, your girls were the first people you would call. They just get you in a way that your significant other would never be able to understand. They've been there for you through thick and thin and have shown you what real friendship actually looks like.

2. Not everyone's taken

Though you may be dating someone, someone in your friend group might be single. Every single person knows that Valentine's Day is the most hated holiday throughout the entire year. It wouldn't be right to leave your girl hanging! Everyone deserves to be loved, especially on Valentine's Day. This Valentine's Day, show your girls that you love them by spending time with them and giving them priority over your significant other. You can always have another dinner date with your boyfriend or girlfriend on another day.

3. They give the best gifts

Your significant other might not always get you the perfect gifts, but your girls know you well! They always get the right gifts for you and know what you like and dislike. Sure flowers and chocolates are nice, but your girls know way better than to just get you basic Valentine's Day gifts. They also won't hesitate to get you something even if it's a little expensive. In fact, they're always willing to spend money for you. That's something that not a lot of people are willing to do, but your friends are willing to spoil you any day.

4. Dressing up with your girls is fun

Dressing up, in general, is so much fun, but dressing up with your girls is way better. There's just something about getting ready together, putting on makeup and blasting your favorite music. You can help get each other ready and also figure out what to wear together. Trust me, getting ready with your girls is a lot more fun than getting ready alone.

5. They take way better pictures!

We all know that taking the perfect Instagram picture is ESSENTIAL. It would just be cruel not to take a picture of your outfit in the right angle and underneath the right lighting. Your significant other may not be able to know how to get the right picture, but obviously, your girls understand Instagram-worthy pictures completely. They know the perfect angle and they always know that it's important to take hundreds of pictures. Your girls hype you up and make you feel confident while taking that perfect picture.

6. Love might not last forever, but friendship will last till the end of time

Love may come and go but true friendship lasts forever. Your friends are there for you and love you like no one else. They've seen you at different stages of life, and they'll continue to be with you in the future. This Valentine's Day, don't be afraid to show your friends some love. For a lot of people, Valentine's Day is simply just having dinner with your significant other. You can always postpone that dinner for another day and spend this special day with your friends instead. It's important to show them how much you love and care for them!