I have recently started listening to some of my playlists from high school, and it has sent me down some wild memory lanes, especially my playlist from senior year. I am counting down the days until spring break when I can take the back roads to and from my high school with the windows down and these songs blasting. Here are thirty songs from some of my angstiest days that you should definitely give a try on your angsty days too.
1. 'Only One' — Yellowcard
2. 'The Kids Aren't Alright' — Fall Out Boy
3. 'Over You' — Daughtry
4. 'Backseat Serenade' — All Time Low
5. 'Never Be Alone' — Shawn Mendes
This is a different type of angsty, but at the ripe age of 17, this song should not have made me feel so deeply.
6. 'Fix You' — Coldplay
I listened to a CONCERNING amount of Coldplay; I don't think I was OK.
7. 'The Times They Are A-Changin'' — Bob Dylan
Disclaimer: No part of me was prepared or ready to leave high school.
8. 'Bored To Death' — blink-182
9. 'The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows' — Brand New
10. 'Flicker, Fade' — Taking Back Sunday
11. 'The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage — Panic! At The Disco
12. 'A Part Of Me' — Neck Deep
13. 'A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"' — Fall Out Boy
14. 'Why Won't You Love Me' — 5 Seconds of Summer
There was a LOT of 5SOS, each song more concerning than the last.
15. 'Cute Without the "E"' — Taking Back Sunday
16. 'The Hell Song' — Sum 41
17. 'I'd Do Anything' — Simple Plan
18. 'Ocean Avenue' — Yellowcard
19. 'Keasby Nights' — Catch 22
20. 'Punk Rock Girl' — The Dead Milkmen
21. 'Screaming Infidelities' — Dashboard Confessional
22. 'Still Waiting' — Sum 41
23. 'Letters To You' — Finch
24. 'First Date' — blink-182
Fun fact, I absolutely listened to this song while getting ready for my first-ever first date.
25. 'Ohio Is for Lovers' — Hawthorne Heights
This is definitely the most concerning song on the list, but I still stand by it being a great song.
26. 'Memory' — Sugarcult
27. 'Twin Size Mattress' — The Front Bottoms
If you add any artist from this article to your listening habits, make it The Front Bottoms.
28. 'Wonderwall' — Oasis
29. 'Constant Headache' — Joyce Manor
30. 'Your Graduation' — Modern Baseball
I think that this song will always hover around #1 on my list of favorite songs, and I won't ever be sorry.