Snapchat Streaks Do Not Matter, It Is The Relationships You Have That Do

Snapchat should compliment your life, not be your life.

31

Oh, baby.

The snapchat streak.

We've all been there.

A reply? Beautiful. Left on open? How. Dare. They.

And in the end, it's all just a quick game of give and take that we all participate in.

But even in this day and age, you cannot live for the streak, you have to live for you.

Going out with friends? Hanging with family? Having the time of your life? Snap it, baby! Inform us, but not overkill us.

Your true friends already know what is going on with you.

I know I've seen you, and that I've texted you, but here is a ten second picture of my face to remind you of what I look like just incase you forgot!

The number of streaks you have does not define the number of friends you have.

Woah! A mere acquaintance and I have been snapping for 35 straight days! We're tight now.

Streaks are a gimmick that makes you continuously use the Snapchat app daily.

A+ marketing strategy, Snapchat, you win this one.

Streaks provide an unnecessary and false sense of commitment.

Hate to inform you, but the ticking hour glass does not translate to a time sensitive friendship. A saved or broken streak will never affect a steady friendship, or relationship.

A streak is only a number.

And… it is worthless. The relationships you have with people are priceless.