7 Advantages You Have From Being Raised By A Strong, Single Mom

She really is your go to for everything in life.
308

Growing up with a single mom may seem like it would put me at a disadvantage. Though it has its challenges and entails difficulties at times, I wouldn't trade it for the world. So, here are seven MAJOR perks of growing up with a single mom!

1. She is your best friend.

A lot of girls feel as if their mom is their best friend, but if you grew up in a house with only a mom, you know how I feel. You spend so much time with her, that you tell her everything that goes in in your life, and you form a special bond.

2. You have someone to share clothes with.

Luckily, my mom and I fit into the same clothes, so we swap all the time! (I guess you could consider this a pro and a con depending on how you look at it)

3. You have a STRONG role model to look up to.

Raising a child on your own isn't, by any means, an easy task, so you pretty much have superwoman to look up to.

4. You don't have to worry about one parent saying yes, and one parent saying no.

There's always a chance of dad saying no and mom saying yes, but with only mom in the house, you always get a straight answer.

5. You learn to appreciate the little things in life.

As you get older, you learn to appreciate all of the sacrifices your mom made for you, which makes you never take anything in life for granted.

6. She supports you in EVERYTHING you do.

Moms always support their children no matter what, but when you've grown up with a single mom, the mama bear instincts are that much more enhanced. She will do anything for you and support you no matter how dumb your decisions may be at times.

7. She gives the best advice when it comes to heartbreak.

She knows what it's like to go through heartbreak, so when you get broken up with by your first boyfriend, she will comfort you with lots and lots of shopping and junk food.

So let's hear it for the single mama's!