10 Signs You're The Mom Of Your Friend Group

Every group has one... every group needs one.

160
Pexels Images

A lot of us are lucky enough to have two moms. Okay, okay... there's the one who literally birthed you (who is super awesome and deserves a constant round of applause), but many of us have been blessed with a second, lesser recognized mom -the mom-friend. This is the friend who will not only always listen, but also give you the advice you never knew you needed. She's someone we'd all be lost without.

Here are 10 signs you are the (sometimes) underappreciated, (always) incredible mom of your friend group.

1. You're the one that organizes the plans.

When you've got a bunch of people, with a bunch of ideas about how to make your Friday night "perfect", all eyes turn to you to make the final decision. Your job doesn't end there. You then make any reservations, figure out transportation, and plan the night down to the seconds.

2. Whether they notice or not, you're always tidying up when you go to your friend's houses.

"Yeah, that's so funny! Tell me more..." *You say as you slowly pick up their clothes off the floor*

3. You don't sleep until you get that "I'm home" text.

After a night out, you all go your separate ways back home. But the night is far from over for you because no shut-eye will be had until your friends text you that they're safe. They promised they would!

4. You make puns. Often.

Your friends love your puns though! They're funny! Ha...

5. Your friend's ex is a jerk. Period. No questions asked.

Whether you know him or not, the second he breaks your friend's heart... he has become "He who must not be named".

6. You've got a Mary Poppins purse.

Your friend didn't have time for dinner before you went out? You've got snacks. Phone dead by 9 pm? No biggy. Charger or portable charger?

7. Texts of encouragement are frequent... and lengthy.

That big test your friend has been freaking out about, her interview tomorrow, or even making sure they don't back out of dumping him... you've got some wise words for that!

8. You'll leave a night out early to watch Netflix in bed. No shame.

You feel about 10 seconds of guilt for leaving... but that passes the second you see that "Recently Watched" section, aka your home for the next couple of hours.

9. "Don't say I didn't warn you!" - You on any day, ever.

You hate to say it (lies. You love it.) but...

10. It can be hard taking on this role, but you know your friends appreciate your mom-ness.

They'd be lost without you!