It's finally Christmas time and TJ Maxx is every girls go to store for the perfect presents for everyone on their list. Although most times we buy way more then we need. Here are a few thoughts constantly going through our mind at TJ Maxx.
I recently went to TJ Maxx with a friend with the sole purpose of not buying anything. We literally looked at everything, though, and later, I walked out with half a dozen items I was not planning on buying. I'm just glad it was only six from the number of things I saw and liked.
Here were my thoughts as I wandered around TJ Maxx for an hour.
2. "Of course I have to check out the clearance section... except that's basically the entire store."
4. "This may look horrible on me but I'm going to try it on anyway."
5. "Maybe I should just look at some nice clothes for work. You can never have too many business casual clothes..."
7. "$5 makeup... How bad could it be?"
8. "American Eagle shorts for only $15?!"
9. "I can't carry all this stuff."
10. "Do I have a giftcard?"
11. "I want to decorate my house with everything in here."
12. "Oh, look, something I didn't need but buying anyway."
13. "Could I pull this off? It's cheap and looks good on the mannequin..."
15. "Yes, I found what I wanted. No, I did not need any of this."
Please note that all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.
Now that it's a new year, it's time for new years resolutions, and I have one that everyone could get on board with. This year and every year after, appreciate the people that work in retail, food, and janitorial services. For me, I worked in both retail and food, and I've seen a lot. And I'm not attacking everyone here, I just want us all to be on the same page. Here are five things to remember coming into the new year.
1. They are human beings
Behind the uniform, the people in the uniform are only human. They are not perfect, and they will make mistakes. Remember, they are trying to do their best.
2. Some things are out of their control
They can't control everything. For example, the prices of things and what they offer in the store.
3. They are not stupid and uneducated
Actually, people that work in these areas are just the opposite. They are not stupid, dumb, or uneducated. So, please stop thinking that they are.
4. They are not lesser than you
Without retail, food, and janitorial services, there would no one to keep buildings clean and neat. There would be no one to check you out after you are done shopping. When you go out to eat, there would be no one to take your order nor make your food. Just because they work in retail, food, or janitorial services does not mean they are lesser than you. It takes a lot to work in these areas.
5. It does take time to make your food
The time that it takes to make your food depends on what you order, how much you order, how many workers are working, and how many customers there are at the same time you are there.
It does take a lot to work in retail, food, and janitorial services. This year is a good time to start appreciating and respecting people who work in those areas of employment. They do so much for people, and they do work hard. Most don't have set hours, and a lot of them work weekends. There are a lot of hours and labor that people log in every week. They are people like you and me. They are someone's sibling, child, parent, sister, brother...they have emotions. They like to have fun like you and me and they like to hang out with their family and friends. They like sports, music, art, theater, and so on. They have hobbies. Like everyone else, they deserve appreciation and respect. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.