To My Second Semester of College
Education

To My Second Semester of College

You taught me who I wanted to be

68
To My Second Semester of College
Julia Metivier Photo

I wrote a letter to my first semester of college not too long ago, and as I have officially completed my first year of college, I thought it was time to write one to the second semester of college as well.

The second semester of college is always a little different, you are used to where things are, you know what to expect in classes and your friends are pretty solid.

My second semester was a complete 180 from the first one. I was in the same room all semester, I had the same friend group, and I was ready to conquer classes even harder now.

My second semester proved so much to me…

So to my second semester of college… thank you.

Thank you for giving me friends who ultimately became family. Thank you for giving me a roommate who is now my life long best friend. Thank you for giving me my new roommate who is also become a life long best friend. Thank you for pushing me even harder with the workload and extra curricular's. Thank you for showing me that I can be independent and figure things out for myself. Thank you for teaching me what I deserved and never letting me settle for anything less. Thank you for letting me grow up, even though in some moments I thought there was no way I could do it. Thank you for showing me that despite the anxiety ridden days, I could do anything. Thank you for throwing some of the hardest things at me, but then teaching me I could do it no matter what.

Every semester is so very different, my first semester of college was riddled with mountain after mountain, forcing me to climb till the absolute end. Second semester taught me that the struggle and hard work consistently pay off.

Everything happens for a reason.

I chose my school for a reason.

I struggled as I did for a reason.

I made certain decisions for a reason.

And, ultimately, that reason was to better myself.

So to my second semester of college, thank you for encouraging me to better myself. I am a better friend, a better daughter and a better all-around person because of what you taught me.

I found myself because of you, second semester, thank you for giving me the opportunities and chances to do so.

I am forever changed and will be forever grateful.