Rubio, Rubio, Wherefore Art Thou Rubio?

Rubio, Rubio, Wherefore Art Thou Rubio?

The American People are yearning for hope in the Republican Party, just like Juliet had hope in Romeo.

11
Rubio, Rubio, Wherefore Art Thou Rubio?
ABC News

You would think that someone like me would love the Republican Party, based on my background and how I was raised. I was raised in south Georgia, came from a very religious family on both sides, was brought up through mainly conservative Baptist churches, and came from a very conservative southern town. I must say though, my political views are very moderate. I would wholeheartedly say that I would vote for either Republican or Democrat nominees since I make my decisions based on who I believe would run the country the best.

Throughout my lifetime, I have seen some very interesting people run for the Office of President, and this election has had me hoping for someone great to come out on top. The duel between Bernie and Hillary on the Democrat side will go back and forth throughout the primaries. On the Republican side, disregarding Donald "Angry Man" Trump, I was hoping Marco Rubio or Ben Carson would come out on top. Needless to say, the more Ben Carson spoke on issues, the American people, including myself, lost faith in him and it is definitely showing in the polls. Of all of the Republican Candidates, the one I wanted to see come out on top was Florida Senator Marco Rubio. (I promise it is not because he is an alumni of one of my college football teams: The University of Miami)

Rubio had so much going for him, and I truly believe that he would make a great nominee for the Republicans. Although he is but a young 44-year-old Florida Senator, he definitely has great potential. He is such an optimistic candidate, and has some pretty good ideas for the country as a whole. He wants change, real change, in America and I support that... and then everything changed at the Republican Debate on February 6.

At the debate, Chris Christie, no longer a candidate, was asked why he didn't think that Rubio was ready to take a seat as the new President of the United States. Of course, it started out small, but then the blow that would be most detrimental to Rubio took place. Christie explained that Washington changes people, and it definitely had an effect on Rubio. He explained that, when you don't know how to implement change, you give your "25-second speech about how you want to make America great". Rubio came back with a couple of facts to counter Christie, but, ultimately, did exactly what Christie previously stated. He gave his "25 second speech" about America and Barack Obama, and the audience followed up with continuous booing.

Rubio started the presidential race with so much rigor and courage, plus he isn't crazy like Cruz and Trump. Now, he is struggling to stay in the top three. According to Real Clear Politics, in recent polls, Trump is still number one, Cruz is behind him by six points, and Rubio is behind Cruz by two points. He is barely holding on by a string, which is truly sad. I feel as though he started the race strong, fighting for the love and support of the American people just as Romeo fought for the love of Juliet. Now, I feel the American people are calling for him just as Juliet was calling for Romeo atop her balcony. I am personally doing the same to Rubio.

Come back, and please save the Republican Party, before it is entirely too late.