Robbie Coltrane Defends J.K. Rowling's Controversial Trans Comments

It's old news that the Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has been criticized as homophobic, transphobic, and sexist. Honestly, the woman's tone-deaf behavior is utterly disappointing. But who knew that the actor who played Hagrid, Robbie Coltrane, was gung-ho on defending Rowling's trans row, too?

Get this: among J.K. Rowling's transphobic and condescending comments that divided the internet, her latest book, "Troubled Blood," has a reference to a "cisgender male serial killer who dresses up as a woman to murder his female victims." I can't ignore the fact that she is shining her middle finger on all things gender-identity-related.

And Robbie Coltrane had the audacity to tell Radio Times that "I don't think what she said was offensive really. I don't know why but there's a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended... They wouldn't have won the war, would they?"

I have so much to say, but first off, if you aren't trans, you have no right to tell the trans community what should and shouldn't offend them.

Period. If an individual of the LGBTQ community finds something homophobic, transphobic, etc., that is for them to decide. Second, we are fighting and winning this war against homophobic arguments.

Listen, I understand that everyone has the right to hold their own opinion, but everyone deserves respect, and stepping on someone's gender identity is one of the most shitty things you can do.

Robbie Coltrane has got to stay in his own lane. We don't need another cis man telling others how to feel.

The "Harry Potter" series is all about respecting the outliers and Hagrid's character was a sweetheart that my generation fell in love with. I'm starting to think that it was all a lie as J.K. Rowling has no concern for marginalized groups that deserve acceptance.