A Reflection Of My First Semester At College

This semester has been nothing less than life-changing.

9
UCA Sigma Phi Lambda

Finals are over (thank the Lord), and that means that...drumroll please...I have officially survived my first semester as a college student! This semester has been nothing less than life-changing.

I'm not going to lie, the first couple weeks of being at school were tough. The only person I really knew was my roommate, and honestly, I was absolutely terrified. I was terrified of not making friends, of the course load, that my major wasn't for me, and that maybe I had made a mistake in not just staying at home and going to the local college.

Fast forward four months, and I have never been happier.

I decided to join a sorority and ended up meeting some of the best girls I've ever known. They are constantly encouraging me in my walk with Christ, always making me laugh, and they're the best lunch dates around. The bonds I have formed with them over these last few months are unreal, and I can't wait to spend the next four years in this amazing organization.

I also joined a campus ministry that completely transformed my life. I never really fit in at church back home, so to finally have a sense of Christian community at school was such a great feeling. My small group leader has pushed me out of my comfort zone and has shown me what it truly means to be a follower of God, and I am so thankful for her and the other girls in my group.

My roommate is my BFF. I always hear horror stories about people whose roommates are spawns of satan, so I'm super thankful that mine is my go-to gal.

I completely fell in love with my major. When I decided to major in political science, it was definitely a "Well, I don't know what else to do," type of situation. I am so grateful that I ended up discovering a passion of mine I never knew I had.

Don't get me wrong, college hasn't been a constant walk in the park by any means. I have cried over grades and I've been homesick at times, on top of many other things. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been worth it.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a single thing.