A Recap Of The Insanity That Is The Republican Party

Just in case you missed the fuckery that has ensued over the past decade.

70
zenfs.com

Just in case you forgot, Republicans can be dumb. Granted, Democrats have some pretty bad flubs, too (Thanks, Joe Biden), but nothing says outrageously stupid quite like the racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other –obia/-ism word you can think of dished out by the Republican party. Don’t believe me? Here are some prime examples of how ridiculous the party has been over the past decade.

1. “I think video games is a bigger problem than guns, because video games affect people.”

-- Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.)

2. “When women got the right to vote is when it all went downhill. Because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and, uh, maternal instincts that [the] government ought to reflect.”

-- Rush Limbaugh, in response to a caller who said that young people voting was a problem

3. Basically anything by Donald Trump. Enjoy.

4. “From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that down.”

-- Rep. Todd Akin, Senate in Missouri ’01-’13

5. “When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in the body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."

-- Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R), defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.

Yup. Largest organ. Except for, you know. Your skin. Or the fact that a child does not equal an organ? I thought the whole argument was to say it’s an entire person. Not one organ. Guess I was wrong. Regardless, it was wrong. Moving on.

6. "They are going to cull the herd, so that instead of having billions, we'll only have hundreds of millions of human beings on the face of the planet."

-- Alan Keyes, warning what's behind President Obama's gun control proposal.

LOL.

7. "Some people could make the argument that a lot of people like being in abusive relationships. It's a love-hate relationship. It's very, very common for people to stick around with somebody they love who also abuses him or her."

-- New Hampshire state Rep. Mark Warden (R), during a debate on a bill to reduce the penalty for simple assault.

I’m sorry, what? Run that by me again? Wait. I lied. Don’t run that by me. Just run. Far away from me. Forever.

8."Slavery and abortion are the two most horrendous things this country has done but when you think about the immorality of wild, lavish spending on our generation and forcing future generations to do without essentials just so we can live lavishly now, it's pretty immoral."

-- Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas), equating slavery with the national debt.

Oh yes, all of our lavish spending on... abortions.

9. "Slow down. Slow down. How about a little foreplay?"

-- House Speaker John Boehner, joking that with bipartisan conversations on immigration reform taking place it's too early to talk about specific legislation.

Ew. Next?

10. The fact that they still deny climate change exists. It’s not even worth writing about. Here. Have a good cry as we move on.

11. And just to reminisce a little. I’m bringing back the Bushisms.

12. Fox. And Friends. And anyone who associates themselves with them in a serious manner.

God damn, the metric system.

Again, I’d like to challenge any viable argument from the Conservative side to try and justify how this kind of bigotry is remotely comparable to the mishaps of their liberal counterparts. Not to mention the entire world thinks our Republican party is a joke. Don’t believe me? How about this one? Or this one. Or just ask any marginalized non-American. Ever. You hear that, Republicans? The world is bigger than you, God, and your damn guns. In closing. We could do better. For everyone’s sake.