7 Reasons Why The Post-Thanksgiving Hangover Sucks

It's awful; we were just privileged with all of these holiday blessings only to have them ripped from us by reality once again.

37
Unsplash.com

Everyone always hypes up Thanksgiving break, Thanksgiving Day, the family, the food, and the Black Friday deals... but no one ever wants to talk about what happens to us the week after. It's awful; we were just privileged with all of these holiday blessings only to have them ripped from us by reality once again.

Here's what sucks about the holiday hangover between Thanksgiving and Christmas that makes us all wanna cry a little:

1. No more home-cooked meals

That one week really spoiled you, didn't it? A whole week of eating mom's food again, and then Thanksgiving as the epitome of all good eating??? Yeah, you're gonna be going through withdrawals.

2. The leftovers don't do it justice

Okay so you tried to salvage every last piece of foodie goodness that you could by bringing back stacks of Tupperware with mashed potatoes and casseroles... but you know it's not near as good. It's better than what you can whip up on a budget, but it really only echoes remnants of bursting flavor and holiday happiness.

3. The homework

"I can't wait for break! I'm going to get SO much homework done with all that time I'll have!"

LOL. WRONG. You know you sat on the cough the entire time. But like, you probably had your backpack open and leaning up against the couch, so you put in an effort. I'll give you credit for that.

4. No more pets

One of the worst things about college is having to leave your pets at home. So when you get to come home for long breaks, you try to soak up all the lost time that you can. But then you have to go back to school where all the stress is and just thinking about your pet being at home without your love is literally heartbreaking.

5. Finals are looming

Because you avoided homework, you've got a lot of cramming to do even before the real cramming begins. Reality is setting in, my dudes. Finals are like, what? Two weeks away? Oh crap. Oh god. *prays*

6. Waiting for your goodies

You pointed out a couple things in the store while Black Friday shopping with your parents and walked away hoping they were [literally] picking up what you were putting down... and now you gotta wait basically another month until you can open it. Ugh, the worst!!

7. Waiting for Christmas break

Not only are you completely drained from the entire semester's burdens jumping all over your shoulders, but you're just plain ready to be home for awhile where everything is tranquil and relaxing.

You're so close, though. You can do it! Push through!! More family and pets and food and relaxation awaits!!

From Your Site Articles