6 Reasons Why Corgis Are The Best
popular

6 Reasons Why Corgis Are the Best

SPLOOT.

1817
6 Reasons Why Corgis Are the Best
Alyssa Lintz

Of course, we all see corgi memes on Facebook and other social media platforms but living with one makes life a little happier! They are always willing to please, give you many reasons to laugh, and are always up to an adventure as long as they are with their person.

1. They always want your attention.

My old dog Sophi was always in your face

Alyssa Lintz

They are always seeking your love and attention. Sometimes that might mean army crawling up your chest to put their nose in your face and that's completely okay.

2. They will always put a smile on your face.

insert a *boop* here

No matter how bad your day may be, there is a guaranteed smile when you have a Corgi. Of course, they may cause some frustration but all of that goes away when they look at you and give you some wholesome cuddles.

3. They may be a *minor inconvenience.*

You might be getting ready for work or in a time crunch and your pup doesn't want you to leave for the day. They want you to stay home with them so they can be with you all day! They will just plop down in the middle of the floor and expect you to move around them.

4. They give the best little "awoos."

They make the cutest sounds when they're excited! My pup doesn't do this but I've noticed other Corgis do something similar when they get excited!

They can be very vocal so be aware of that if you plan on adding one to your pack!

5. They are literal loaves of bread.

With their stocky bodies and stubby legs, they look like loaves of bread. The running joke in my family is that we have only owned "burnt Corgis" but they come in different colors based on if they're Pembroke Welsh Corgis or Cardigan Welsh Corgis. There's a slight difference between the two breeds because Cardigan Welshes have a tail and different color variations whereas Pembroke Welshes have docked tails and the "basic" Corgi colors that people are more familiar with!

6. They are great companions.

Koda (Cockapoo) and Sophi were the best of friends.

Corgis make great companions not only for humans but for other dogs. Of course, there might be Corgis that don't get along with other dogs so take that into consideration when you are looking for one!

When we lost Sophi unexpectedly in December of 2018, our dog Koda was completely lost without his best friend. About a week or so after Sophi's death, we found a puppy that was meant to be. Of course Mia, will never replace Sophi but she has filled a void that our family was feeling. Mia and Koda get along but not like how him and Sophi ever did.

Before thinking about adding a corgi to your household, please do you research the breed! They require training because they are smart and they need a lot of outdoor space since they are herding dogs with natural herding instincts. They also require a lot of grooming which I wish we knew before we got Sophi because she used to shed a ton!

They truly are great dogs and I think I will always have one in my life because of how loyal they are and they have so much personality. I know people who aren't the biggest dog people but once they met our corgis, they instantly grew to love dogs a little more than they did.