The Distortion of Truth

The Distortion of Truth

Charlie Kirk and Turning Point USA

14
The Distortion of Truth

Charlie Kirk, the founder and leader of Turning Point USA, has littered our campus with flyers for the upcoming talk he's speaking at. As students and people alike go to seem him talk one prevalent point stands: his fear of reality. As we are facing some of the biggest political and social issues in the modern day, Kirk stands to support those who combat the solution of these issues and resurrects the ideas of superiority and racism.

Recently, Kirk reacted to Trump and the conversation around his character saying, "Trump is the first leader in history of the world to be attacked for improving the lives of the people that voted for him." Many would react and think this is a joke, but sadly hyperbole is absent. Kirk also speaks to the relentlessness and quickness of Trump stating that he is "the greatest president ever." and that he is the "most moral president on record."

This, in many senses, is ironic as Trump has split and imprisoned families, been accused of rape, and has made racist remarks told Morality, as it is the subject, can be defined as the distinction between right and wrong. This, in turn, plays with the analyzing of morality and how jaded Kirk's reality of moral and reality are.

As we face issues with immigration, environment, and race, Kirk grapples with the idea of borders and how to support separation without supporting it at the same time. He states that it's "possible to have borders without a wall: see Canada." This reflects jaded reality as "borders without a wall" exist with people who feel unsafe in the homes with the possibility of ICE extraditing them, the wage gap between the white and Hispanic people, as well as the derogatory terms used to disrespect minorities. Borders, since the 1800s, have been prevalent and have caused minorities to form which in turn has transferred to modern day.

Kirk, as he continues to believe in principles, slowly spreads his ideas and distorts the meaning of morality. As it is neither moral nor correct to disrespect many groups of people, his presence on campus is an interesting one. In his talks tonight, open your ears and listen to identify the distorted truth. Be aware, politicians are made to sound good, to persuade you. It is your responsibility to think and to take a stand. Because one movement can cause a storm.