Reading A Book Is Equally As Important As Watching A Movie

"The Book Is A Film That Takes Place In The Mind Of The Readers" - Paulo Coelho

29

There is nothing better than picking up a good book to read or watching a movie with your friends. Both of these leisurely activities are popular amongst people and is entirely based upon preference. Some prefer cozying up to a good book, while others prefer Netflix and chill. Both activities have their benefits and people enjoy it depending on the type of entertainment they are in to.

Books are the best when it comes to expanding your imagination and understanding character development. The beauty of books is the language that it uses. If the author is a talented writer, the book will place vivid imagery in your head and allow you to feel the emotions of the characters. In terms of character development, books allow you to connect with the characters and see how they change over time. Another benefit of books is that they are portable and can be taken everywhere without the use of the internet (if it’s a hard copy or saved to a device). They can truly open up doors to imagination and allow the readers to interpret the meaning in more than one way.

Some may think books are boring or too long, and not everyone has time to read a book given their packed schedule. For them, a movie may be beneficial. Everyone loves a good movie, especially since it serves to take our mind away from daily stress. Movies can be more visually appealing to some people and are a shorter form of entertainment than books. It brings words to life through special effects, voice, and an image for the characters. Watching a movie may also be more social than reading a book, since people are more likely to socialize and talk about a movie rather than a book.

Recently, there have been many instances where books were made into movies. Some worked fairly well, while others did not. Movies such as Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars, and Life of Pi did justice to the books while movies such as The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and The Book Thief sadly didn’t live up to the expectations of the readers. Some enjoy watching the movies inspired from books, while others like reading the original book itself.

Whether you are a book reader or a movie lover, both activities are great in their own ways. I have always been an avid book reader, but I enjoy movies as well and am a fan of both. Books can provide an enlightened rich perspective of the story, while movies can go more in depth with the visual aspect of it.