Reading is Way More Relaxing Than Writing

Reading is more relaxing because people just have to read what the words say and imagine what they are reading. People have to worry about more things when they write their written pieces.

748
https://www.maxpixel.net/Book-Aeneid-Read-Latin-Write-Filler-Virgil-5353135

Which one is more relaxing: reading or writing? In my opinion, reading is more relaxing. Reading is more relaxing because people just have to read what the words say and imagine what they are reading. People have to worry about more things when they write their written pieces.

People have to be in the mood to write. If they are not in the mood to write, then they will not be able to write and write well. Reading is faster than writing. When people read, the written piece is already done and in front of them. There is the phrase that says, “You get what you get.” It is easy to read a written piece because we can just absorb what it says.

Writing is when people have to make a piece. That takes plenty of time. Some people have a hard time writing neatly and legibly. What makes writing longer is revisions and editing. People have to make the written piece better. It is not easy to revise and edit written pieces. People may need more than one day to finalize their written pieces. People also have to be aware of how readers, especially teachers and professors, view their written pieces. They can get bad criticism from them. The bad criticism can hurt their self-esteem and mood to write. That is why some people are scared when they write written pieces. When people read books, they do not need to revise and edit what people wrote.

People can stop reading a written piece if they do not like it. They can read a more interesting written piece and make reading better. People sometimes cannot stop writing pieces, especially in academic situations. Sometimes, they cannot change the prompt or topic. They sometimes have to bear with the boredom or difficulty of writing the piece. Overall, reading makes people less worried than writing.