How To Prep For Christmas
Christmas

11 Ways To Get In The Christmas Spirit As You Prep For The Countdown To Christmas

Nothing is better than getting together with family and friends.

80

Oh, I love the holidays, and the best thing about them is the countdown 'til Christmas Eve and day. Here is a list I compiled to help you prepare for this.

Decorate to get in the Christmas spirit

Don't you love the scenery and decorations for the upcoming holiday season! The knick-knacks, snowmen, candy canes, snowflakes and little Santa Clauses scattered throughout the house. Along with themes of blue, red, green, or white garnishing every piece of furniture you see. Everything is more beautiful at Christmas, So light up your fire and begin to hang your stockings because Christmas is right around the corner.

Begin your lists

I laugh because I don't mean write your naughty or nice list but to write your gift list you would like to get for your loved ones. Although, if your name is on that list than beware this Christmas hahaha. It is definitely easier to plan out your gifts instead of scrambling at the last second. So grab a paper and start writing.

Get your sled out

Careful, you may blink and open your eyes to see two feet of snow on the ground. With hard snow comes the fun of riding a sled down the hill so fast you have snow flying in your face. Get your sled out and ready to go. If you don't have one, here are a few sites you can visit for a nice sled: Home Depot, Amazon, and Walmart.

Buy your wrapping paper

Depending if you have any wrapping paper from years past, you can totally make anything work. But if you are running low I find it fun to do a simple and cute wrapping. For instance, above the tag says "Make a Wish," this is really nice and shows that you put some time and effort into their gift. All in all, your friends are lucky to have a friend like you.

Gather your holiday recipes

One thing I love about Christmas is tradition. I love to reminisce of prior years and continue to make those new memories. DIYs could start with skating, delicious recipes that your family has passed down. Most years my family creates a calendar of memories from that past year and makes pirogies to eat on New Year's day. All in all, recipes are the best especially holiday ones.

Begin searching for gifts

Searching for the perfect gifts for your family and friends can be stressful. Especially if you have to purchase them from different places. But, if you pre-order early you can have a clear conscious knowing they are on the way or ready to be wrapped.

Gather the 2018 movie list for December

Oh my goodness If you don't know the holiday movie list for Christmas then you are already falling behind. On ABC Family, AKA Freeform, they have a list of Christmas movies they play every day as the countdown to Christmas begins. Whether they are the sappy Hallmark movies or "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," I am so happy to watch every single one. Check out this year's schedule here.

Buy a tree

Buy a tree! Although some may think it's a little early to buy one, you don't actually have to decorate it yet. You can have your pick of the litter of all the trees they have and get your favorite before anyone else purchases them. Although the Charlie Brown Christmas trees are cute, I personally don't want that one.

Buy your Christmas snacks

Egg Nog, candy canes, Christmas cookies, and everything else in between makes me think of the looming holidays ahead. All the unique meals and snacks given will make you feel even more festive. I think the more festive you are the happier you'll be. So buy some of your favorite Christmas Treats, kick back and, relax.

Buy or make an advent calendar

You can DIY your very own advent calendar to help you and your family countdown till Christmas. They are so fun and cute giving you a little prize or candy for each day closer to Christmas. If you love to DIY, by all means, go right ahead I have attached a list of DIY and places where you can buy it: Pinterest or Pinterest for a DIY, or buy it here.

Take a trip and go ice skating

Flickr Creative Commons

Bottom line, I am so bad at Ice skating, if I go with my friends I always have a ton of fun. Go a little crazy and put on some skates because who knows you might have fun. Make memories because that is what the holidays are all about!

I hope these inspired you to prepare and get in the holiday spirit. Nothing is better than getting together with family and friends!