A Prayer To Begin A New Semester For College Students

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

12783
Huffington Post

It's the first day of a new semester and many of you are one step closer to graduation. You'll spend the next few weeks rearranging class schedules and adjusting to new professors. Eventually, your social life will come to an end and you'll spend the next few months making a home in the university library, suffering from stress due to a lack of sleep and binge drinking Starbucks for energy. When in doubt about how you're going to make it through the semester, pray it out. Here is a small prayer to help get you through this semester:

Dear Lord,

Today starts another new semester. Give us all as college students a stable mind to perform to the best of our ability in all that we do. Help us to study with consistency and dedication. Give us silence so that we may process the knowledge we have been taught. Let us sleep peacefully at night, so that we are refreshed and prepared for all lectures, class presentations and exams. Continue to guide us during times of trouble. Help us to realize that we have done our best possible on every school assignment. Let us be satisfied with the work we have done, but also help us to see areas where we may approve upon academically in the future.

Lord, let us never forget to devote time to give you praise and worship. Continue to teach us right from wrong and allow us to stray away from all activities that may bring negativity to our lives. Grant the professors the ability to teach each and every student. Keep all faculty and staff members on all campus universities from all hurt, harm and danger during this semester. This prayer I ask in your heavenly name, Amen!