Partake in Plastic Free July!

I've recently become aware of Plastic Free July which looks to lower plastic consumption to help protect animals and the environment. Here are just a few easy ways to help you participate! Feel free to keep it up after July is over and you see how simple these changes are! If you're looking for more inspiration after this article head over to https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/ for more ways to make a difference!

Metal Straws vs Plastic

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX4TZMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'm sure you've all heard about the metal straws craze. While this isn't a solution to every problem, it certainly can help save those turtles and others! I recently purchased the VEHHE Metal Straws Stainless Steel Straws. They are super cute and colorful, came with a cleaning brush so no worries there, and the set of 4 was only 6 dollars on Amazon!

Use Reusable Water Bottles and Travel Mugs

https://unsplash.com/photos/H14pfhlfr24

We all know about reduce, reuse, recycle! Reusing a water bottle versus going throw countless plastic bottles can greatly REDUCE plastic use. The same thing goes for you coffee lovers. Ask your Starbucks barista etc. to put your drink in your own mug! It takes a minute to clean a reusable container so this is a super easy hack. This also goes for reusable containers such as glass Tupperware for bringing your lunch to work or storing food in the fridge.

Reuseable Produce Bags and Shopping Bags

https://unsplash.com/photos/97CO-A4P0GQ

Similarly to the previous idea, instead of having a bunch of plastic bags used every time you take a groccery trip, bring your own bags! This can actually help you save money as well as many places are now charging extra for their bags in an attempt to get people to bring their own.

Host an Event!

https://unsplash.com/photos/MAYsdoYpGuk

While this doesn't directly lower plastic use, educating people on the purpose of making more environmentally conscious decisions spreads change. There's strength in numbers and the more people that put in the work the bigger the reward will be. Consider hosting a movie screening if you want something a little more relaxed and fun, or get your friends together for a beach/park clean up if you're looking for something a little more active!