'Parks And Recreation' Is Coming Back For A Quarantine Special
Currently

'Parks And Recreation' Is Coming Back For A Quarantine Special, So Maybe This Year Isn't The Wooorst

The at-home special is being done to benefit Feeding America's COVID-19 relief fund.

673

On April 30 at 8:30 p.m., the hit television show "Parks And Recreation" will return with a quarantine special. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the special will see the entire core cast returning, including Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Adam Scott, Rob Lowe, Jim O'Heir and Retta.

The at-home special is being done to benefit Feeding America's COVID-19 relief fund. Feeding America is an organization dedicated to providing hunger-relief throughout the United States.

Executive Producer Michael Schur commented in the press release:

"Like a lot of other people, we were looking for ways to help and felt that bringing these characters back for a night could raise some money," said executive producer Michael Schur. "I sent a hopeful email to the cast and they all got back to me within 45 minutes. Our old 'Parks and Rec' team has put together one more 30-minute slice of (quarantined) Pawnee life and we hope everyone enjoys it. And donates!"

NBCUniversal is teaming up with State Farm, Subaru, and the writers, producers, and cast of the show to match donations. State Farm and Subaru will each make matching donations of $150,000 and NBCUniversal and the writers, producers, and cast will match donations up to $500,000 through May 21.

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.