Thanks To The Pandemic, I'm Finally Getting In Shape

This season of being bored, confused, chaotic, and overwhelmed has actually brought me to a workout schedule. For that, I am so grateful.

29

On my finsta, I have a highlight titled "Journey" and it is where I post all of my post-workout selfies. I looked today, and I posted my very first one 96 weeks ago. Quite frankly, that's almost two years that I've been actively trying to get myself in shape. However, life brought me many seasons of utter chaos. Between work, school, and somewhat of social life, there wasn't much time or energy I had to work out. I'm not saying that this pandemic has been a good thing, because by all means- it has been a straight-up rough time. Nonetheless, the pandemic has taken away the time commitment of both in-person school and any social life that I had. Therefore, the opportunity to workout has finally presented itself in this season of uncertainty and unrest. I am thankful that Camp Gladiator (a) exists and (b) has the option to operate only on a virtual workout program. I have been working out for the last 17 weeks from home! How cool is that?

Honestly, my body always feels extremely strong and healthy when I'm working out. I was granted a season in High School where I could work out consistently, but it had been about 3 years of struggling in college until we were given this abundance of time. I was listening to The Connected Life podcast and they touched on how we are granted seasons where we lose weight and get in shape easier. However, we cannot beat ourselves up for a busy, unhealthy, or sick season. There will be seasons in our lives where we are unable to work out or think too much about what we eat, and you know what? That is okay. Not every season of life is meant for losing weight. If we are still confident in who we were made to be in Jesus and walk in that full authority, the way we look in the mirror is not the priority anyway.

God made us in his image and we get to celebrate that no matter what.

Now, is it important to be healthy and create good habits? Of course. I am in no way endorsing obesity or allowing yourself to completely fall off of the rails. But there is grace in the busy seasons of life, and I've had to learn that the hard way.

No matter what season you're in, taking care of yourself can look different. Maybe you need to focus on trying to get some sleep. Maybe your diet needs help. Maybe you need to take that first step of being active for the first time, and that is okay! Take care of yourself in whatever season you're in. If losing weight is your season, great! Do what is best for you. Remember that Jesus loves you, sustains you, and you were made in God's image.