An Overdue "Thank You" To All The Good In The World

Contrary to how it may seem at times, there is an abundance of good in the world.

7
Philanthropy

"This world is just so messed up these days."

Sound familiar? This is a phrase that has become part of everyday conversations. The media does a great job clouding our perception of the world, leading us to believe that the world is a bad place. However, when we take a step back and look at the bigger picture than what the evening news tries so hard to break our hearts and faith with, the world we live in isn't all that messed up after all. And, it's about time we give it the credit it deserves.

Thank you to the people who take ten extra seconds out of getting to where they're going to hold the door for you.

Thank you to the people who smile at you when your paths cross, regardless if you know each other or not.

Thank you to the memories that make us smile with tears of joy each time we think of them.

Thank you to sunsets that paint the sky vibrant shades of pink, purple, and orange.

Thank you to the holiday traditions we do each year that make us feel young again.

Thank you to the times we've spent with friends that were so meaningful, that trying to explain them to people who weren't there doesn't do them any justice.

Thank you to the people who at a four way stop sign, signal for you to go instead of just rushing straight through.

Thank you to the friends who no matter how long you go without seeing or speaking to one another, when you finally reuinite it's as if not a single day passed since you were together.

Thank you to the way it feels when someone notices something small about you that you never would have expected.

Thank you to the moments you're with the person you love, and you just look at them and can't think about anything other than how crazy you are for them.

Thank you for the views that are far too beautiful. That no high quality camera never seems to be able to capture its beauty.

Thank you to the people that inspire us everyday without even realizing it.

Thank you to the ones that speak out in times of injustice.

Thank you to the police officers that are in their profession for the right reasons, that serve in protect us each day.

Thank you to the little sliver of sunshine that finds its way to shine through on a cloudy day.

Thank you to the songs we haven't listened to since we were in middle school-- that when we hear them today, we still sing all of the lyrics at the top of our lungs and suddenly, we feel 13 again.

Thank you to the people who ask if you're okay when you appear to be feeling down.

Thank you to the young children that are so full of love and absent of prejudice.

Thank you to the moments our stomachs ache from laughing so hard.

Thank you to the bed we get to lay in after a long day, when the pillows conform to your body just right.

Thank you to the feeling we get when a baby holds onto our finger and doesn't let go.

Thank you to the people who pushed and believed in us, even during times we didn't believe in ourselves.

Thank you to this beautiful world we are lucky enough to coexist in.

I don't know about you, but I think there's so much "good" to be thankful for.