Opportunities Fall Through So Better Ones Can Come Around

Just because something doesn't work out doesn't mean you won't get what you want in the end.

3
https://pixabay.com/photos/hiking-trail-hike-adventure-nature-1246836/

There were many times in my life when something I really wanted to work out ended up not working out. I got upset and frustrated. I felt like nothing ever went my way and that nothing ever would. It felt like I always tried SO hard for things to happen, but they'd always fall through.

However, shortly after the thing I thought I wanted fell through, something better would come along. Whether it was a relationship or a job opportunity, things always wound up being just fine.

I've been upset many times over crushes that didn't work out, but do you know what happened after those crushes broke my heart? A completely new one came my way and did the same. Then, the cycle went on, until I finally found a crush that worked out.

The same exact thing happened with jobs. My first real job was at an amusement park. I was there for a summer and a half. I quit and found another job on the boardwalk. I stayed there for the rest of the summer, but when I needed another job when I moved home from college in the winter, I had to start the whole job search process all over again.

I worked for this company during the Christmas season, selling Fitbits. Obviously, I had to find a new job for when it ended, so one night, I applied for a billion jobs (not literally, but a lot, okay?) at one in the morning.

Within the next few days, while demonstrating the Fitbits, I got a call from a store that wanted to bring me in for an interview THAT day. So, I went from Kohl's to that store for an interview, and right away, I felt like it was a good fit. The managers were super cool and nice, it was close to my house, and the hours were good. I've been there since January and I'm still there because I feel comfortable and I'm happy.

Sometimes, in life, things don't work out. That's just how it is. You're going to get frustrated and feel like giving up but don't. I promise something better will come along that you didn't expect. Some doors shut just so other ones can open and take you on a completely unexpected but good path.

It doesn't matter what direction you're moving in as long as you keep moving forward.