10 Life Lessons From Olivia Pope

10 Reasons Olivia Pope Is So Much More Than Another T.V. Character

Olivia Pope has been a person that I have learned a lot from...even though she is a fictional character.

122
Olivia Pope

Recently I have started watching "Scandal" and it has not only taught me a lot about government and lifestyle choices but it has taught me how to be. Olivia Pope has especially taught me a lot in this area. Here are a few things she has taught me.

1. Go after what you want

Girlfriend, got a job on a political campaign, in the White House, and started her own business. Not to mention in that business she never gave up on a client and always tried to protect them.

2. Dress for success

If you want to succeed, you must dress like you want it. Olivia always looked professional and made herself look good. If you look good and feel good then you're going to go far.

3. Anyone can be family

Anyone can be family no matter what. **Spoiler** we learn that Olivia had both parents but was never really close to them but everyone she worked with was family. No matter what she would go to the ends of the Earth to protect them.

4. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself

Olivia isn't afraid to stand up for herself and what she wants. She is very particular and knows what she likes. She also doesn't let people walk all over her.

5. Don't be afraid to say your opinion

Olivia always has a very dont mess with me attitude and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She'll tell you straight up if she doesn't like it or what you need to do.

6. Be confident

No one is going to trust what you do and think that you know what you're doing unless you have confidence. When Olivia walks into a room she gathers everyone's attention and lets them know what's up. Also, with all her clients, she is very confident to ensure them that she can fix their situation.

7. It's okay to break down sometimes

You can be that person who has it all together like her, but even still break down. Thats okay but don't let it last too long.

8. Make sure the person that you date/marry is worth your time

Olivia doesn't take any BS, especially in her love life. Make sure the person you date/marry is worth your time and is up to your standards!

9. Don't Lie

Don't lie. That is Olivia's rule for every one of her clients. (Yes I understand some of the work she does is lying but I respect that rule from her clients.)

10. Don't be afraid to live a little

Dance like nobody is watching, laugh some times, and smile. All these things bring happiness and don't let anything make you so miserable that you can't even fathom happiness!