Officer Saying 'We Only Kill Black People' Resurfaces On Social Media

A painful reminder of the times we live in.

143
Matt Popovich

As if minorities weren’t already screaming and protesting police brutality until they were blue in the face, this video from July 2016 that resurfaced on social media confirms it all.

http://time.com/4924435/greg-abbott-cobb-county-on... (view video here)

In the video, police officer, Abbott, appears to be making a routine traffic stop. The driver who is unknown, and possibly a white female, is clearly uncomfortable and fearful of her life in the presence of this cop. So, she phoned a friend that would pick her up from the site.

Abbott told the driver to call her friend back and tell them not to pick her up because he was going to arrest her, and impound her vehicle, and ordered that she stepped out of the car.

The driver was incompliant and stated that she wouldn’t call her friend unless Abbott opened the door of the car because she didn’t want to put her hands down because she was scared and that she’s “seen way too many videos of cops.”

Abbott, trying to reassure her responded “But you’re not black. Remember, we only kill black people. Yeah, we only kill black people, right?”

He then said, “All the videos you’ve seen, have you seen white people get killed?”

The Chief the Cobb County Police, Mike Register, says that they have terminated Abbott, and he will no longer serve on their force.

“I don’t know what’s in his heart,” Register said, “But I certainly know what came out of his mouth and it's inexcusable.”

Wow, right? The past several years has been the height of police brutality for this millennium. In the past several months, it appeared that the attacks on minorities or police brutality/harassment were dying down, but all too many instances have surfaced that are just an unfriendly reminder that we are still in the years of our suffrage.

But this video nonetheless strikes controversy. Of course, this man isn’t speaking on behalf of all law enforcement in the United States because there are still some good guys left out there. However, one has to question if he is a direct reflection of the department that he specifically worked for.

Yet, no one but the Chief, and the officers he worked alongside with, actually knows what type of character and prejudice this man had towards African Americans.

Though, all of this forces me to wonder: what type of examinations, evaluations and polygraphs are they putting these officers through before they are employed?

Clearly, the spike in slayings of blacks by law enforcement is frightening, so why won’t they include questions or a polygraph that specific questions about how they feel about minorities or blacks? Or if they feel it is their obligation to target them and annihilate/incarcerate them.

Or maybe, they're already asking these types of questions and the department that hires them decides to give them a slap on the wrist? Or, this scheme has been implemented for several years and we are only now realizing it.

Needless to say, the proof is in the pudding. The statistics for how many blacks/minorities are killed and incarcerated, not annually, but monthly, is unwavering, and anyone that denies it is just going to have to do their research. Stay woke.