5 Office Products That Are Absolutely Essential in a Pandemic

Office products are always essential for the white-collar employee, but there are some you cannot live without when working remotely. Here are 5.

4

COVID-19 could permanently change the way people work.

As workers make the shift to working from home, many people are learning that working remote comes with its own set of challenges.

Are you one of the millions struggling to adjust to working from home? It could just be a matter of not having the right equipment.

Here are five office products every remote worker should have in their home office.

1. Surge Protector

Do you have enough outlets?

One of the most surprising downsides to working from home is suddenly realizing just how many outlets you need to manage your day to day tasks.

Fortunately, if you're struggling to find a place to plug everything in, there's a pretty simple solution.

Surge protectors are essential to protecting your electronics from unexpected power surges. On top of that, they can also help exponentially increase the number of outlets you have available in your home office.

2. Fast and Reliable Internet

If you don't use your Internet for tasking things like online gaming, there's a chance it's not powerful enough for your day to day tasks.

Upgrading your current package to get a little more speed could make a world of difference when it comes to your productivity.

3. A Desk

One of the most challenging aspects of switching from an office to a remote space is finding a place to work.

It may be tempting to post-up at your kitchen table or on your couch every day. But, working where you relax can blur the line between your work-life and home-life, which can lead to overworking, extra stress, and burnout.

The solution to this is creating a space you can dedicate to your work. And one of the easiest ways to do this is by investing in a desk.

4. Video Conferencing Tools

There is no replacing your office phone system. But, when it comes to communicating with your coworkers and clients from the comfort of your home office, you can't beat video conferencing.

That said, video conferencing can be tough if you don't have the right tools.

If you're going to continue to work from home for the foreseeable future, you should consider investing in some gear.

On top of your choice of video conferencing software, like Zoom, you may want to think about upgrading your built-in webcam and microphone.

By swapping out your camera and mic, you'll be able to ensure your coworkers and clients will be able to see and hear you.

5. A Good Computer

If your desk at work has a powerful desktop computer and a few separate monitors, you're not going to be able to get everything done on a tiny notebook.

Nowadays, most jobs require workers to rely on their computers. So, if you want to make sure you can work from home effectively, you need to make sure your computer is up to the task.

For a lot of workers who had to make the shift to working from home, there's no telling when or if they'll get to return to their regular office. So, now is an excellent time to upgrade your machine.

Office Products Every Remote Worker Needs

Working from home is not as easy as it sounds. But, by investing in these five office products, you'll be able to set up a home office that allows you to keep on working without missing a beat.

Are you looking for more advice on how to work from home? We've got you covered.

Check out the rest of our blog for more helpful and informative articles today!