October Is Coming | The Odyssey Online

October Is Coming

And it's going to be spooktacular.

16
October Is Coming

Attention: October is upon us. Do you understand how important this is? If not, let me drop some knowledge.

October brings with it Monstober, the spookiest of children's programming.

Disney channel has successfully provided it's viewers with giggles and chills galore in the form of potions, spells, and enchanted lands. What 90's kid has had a conversation about the best Disney movies ever made without bringing up Halloweentown or Hocus Pocus? I'll tell you:

No one.

For other people October is a time of expression. For some this may mean bringing out their inner makeup artist, opening up their secret costume drawer without shame, or simply showing everyone that they have the raddest best friend ever by attending costume parties as a dynamic duo.

With the lingering spirit of fall in the air trivial activities such as throwing on your favorite flannel or stocking your fireplace with kindling now have a purpose. Painstaking chores such as raking your front lawn have suddenly turned into a pleasurable activity of dead leaf diving.

October for other people might mean that their junk food drawer soon fills to the brim with orange pumpkin peeps or the much debated bag of candy corn.

For the most eager pranksters this stash could be coming from their unsuspecting neighbors rather than their nearby convenience store. How you decide to deal with those pesky early bird trick or treaters is really up to you.

You may think that this month is simply just a marketing ploy. While the PSL, which contains zero pumpkin, may be exceptionally successful it has some stiff competition. i.e. pumpkin ANYTHING.

Now that aisle holding pumpkin filling can be showed some long overdue love.

Chill seeking couch potatoes welcome the days of popcorn balls and Tim Burton binge watches. All of those opposed have their eleven months so they can step aside while the rest of us emerge from our graves of anticipation because October is OUR month.

With all the demented festivity and casual cackling amongst you, you may just find your self slipping into the beautifully constructed cob web. As hard as you try your pinterest feed will soon be filled with door decoration tutorials, recipes for orange rice krispy treats, and the latest guide on what to wear apple picking.

Even the toughest of us will wear orange to the tailgate. "Unintentionally" of course.

As much as you may seem to think that these 31 days are just a time of twisted fun you're wrong.

October is a month of preparation. Costume shopping, pumpkin carving, apple bobbing, these are merely warm ups for the masters who have waited 364 painstakingly long days for their main event.

Your haunted houses and animated gravestones won't phase them. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. No my fellow witches and wizards, this is Halloween.

So get your butterbeer brewed and brace yourself, October is coming. And it's going to be spooktacular.