16 Tells You're Criminally Obsessed With True Crime, Guilty As Charged

Yeah, your search history is incriminating.

2735
Crime Watch Daily

Some people's obsessions are normal: Online shopping, or that new Netflix show. But some people's obsessions are a little less normal and a little more morbid. If you have ever considered yourself a true crime addict, you and your search history will relate.

1. You always know which story Law & Order: SVU "ripped from the headlines"

Duh, mom, this episode is about Gypsy Rose Blanchard, this is so obvious.

2. You have a very strong stance on famous, unsolved cases

I trust that Burke killed Jon Benét more than I trust what my own name is.

3. You are pretty much constantly paranoid

"That guy drives a van? Yeah, he's killed someone."

4. You may or may not have a favorite serial killer or favorite case

Yeah, its weird but Ed Gein is just so interesting.

5. You're careful who you tell your obsession to because it makes you sound creepy

Finding another true-crime lover is wonderful because you can share the articles and documentaries you find without them thinking that you are terrifying.

6. Don't even get me started on cults

"American Horror Story Cult" was not only entertaining but led to a month-long cult obsession, Googling everything you could about every single cult that's ever existed, ever.

7. You could win a trivia contest on prolific killers

Information about Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy is constantly readily available in your brain.

8. The People true crime feature magazines are your favorite literary materials

It's always information you already know, and it's always information you're ready to read again.

9. You'd be pissed if you got jury duty for something like a traffic violation

Your dream is basically to serve as a juror for a super crazy case. Scranton Strangler, anyone?

10. Curling up with a horror book or a Creepy Catalog article is how you unwind

Sure, sometimes you have to throw on a comedy show after because you know you'll have nightmares, but it is worth it for some good pre-bed scares.

11. "My Favorite Murder" is your favorite entertainment

Some people run to music, others run to murder podcasts.

12. Your search history could make you look like you're a killer

As soon as you learn about a new case, you start on Wikipedia and go from there. Leading to about 47 pages of information about Albert Fish.

13. True Movie Thursday was the greatest thing to ever happen on TV

And, of course, then you spent the next 2 hours after it was over learning about the real case.

14. You're convinced you're going to solve a cold case

Sure, nobody has solved the Zodiac Killer YET but *I* haven't dedicated enough time to solve it.

15. Rigor Mortis and Modus Operandi are just parts of your vocabulary at this point

Words the layperson would not even recognize as English are easily defined in your world.

16. Despite your search history, you're a very normal person

You're a totally sane person who wouldn't hurt a fly... Unless they faked an injury to try to lure you into their car, TED.