Good Guys Don't Suck

Not All Guys Suck

Not All Guys Are The Same

11
Not All Guys Suck
Photo by Victor Garcia on Unsplash

"Guys suck!" "Guys are the worst!" "All guys are the same!" How often do we hear these things? How many of us are guilty of saying these or something very similar to these? These statements are spoken so often, but a lot of times I feel like they can be unfair to guys. Do not misunderstand what I am saying; yes there are guys that really do suck, trust me, I have dated some of them. What I am saying is that these statements are unfair to the guys that are the opposite of the jerks and heartbreakers; these statements are unfair to the good guys. When we say these statements we are making the mistake of clumping every living male into one category and discounting the fact that they are not all the same. The men included in that category include any male that is close to you or means something to you and not only the sucky guys. Even if the statement is not said with that intent behind it, it still is perceived and comes off that way. I am guilty of saying these things and although I was only referring to the true jerks, I still said "all guys" and "guys".

When these statements are said we are saying that the guys who are respectful, the guys who still have good morals, the guys who open the doors for girls, the guys who have the best hearts, the guys who listen and respect your opinion, the guys that are "dream guys", we are saying that they suck. Why not instead of saying "guys suck", "guys are the worst", or "all guys are the same", we say "players suck", "jerks suck", and "guys that don't care suck". There is no harm in specifying who you are speaking about, but there is plenty of harm in clumping all together and discounting the ones who do not fit in the category.