America Just Broke Its Single-Day Record Of COVID Cases
Currently

For Those Who Think The Pandemic Is Over, America Just Broke Its Single-Day Record Of COVID Cases

There have been over 220,000 deaths in the United States alone due to the virus.

4014

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, the United States set a new single-day record of COVID-19 cases.

There have been over 220,000 deaths in the United States alone due to the virus and there have been over 8.4 million confirmed cases.

In the final presidential debate of the 2020 election cycle, President Donald Trump continued to push his beliefs that the pandemic is not as serious as others believe it is.

According to Yahoo! News:

""We have to recover," Trump went on to say. "We can't close up our nation," or, he warned, "you're not going to have a nation." As he has many times before, Trump said that "99 percent" of all people infected with the coronavirus recovered. That is not true."

Former Vice President Joe Biden responded saying, "Learning to live with it? Come on. We're dying with it."

Trump has also publicly attacked Dr. Anthony Fauci, a lead member of Trump's own Coronavirus Task Force.

According to CNN, on a campaign call, Trump said "People are tired of COVID. I have the biggest rallies I've ever had, and we have COVID..." He followed up by insinuating Fauci was an "idiot."

It is clear that when Trump speaks his ideas and beliefs influence the country and his followers. The way he talks about the pandemic has surely left many believing it truly isn't as bad as some say it is.

However, after hitting a new single-day record, the fact is that COVID hasn't gone anywhere and is potentially spreading faster now than ever.

Trump himself was diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier this year, an event he called a "blessing from God."