4 New Upcoming Movie Trailers

4 New Upcoming Movie Trailers

Check out what's worth seeing and what's worth skipping.

19
4 New Upcoming Movie Trailers
Making Star Wars

Recently there has been an overload of new trailers that have just hit the scene. A trailer can really set the stage for a movie. What makes a good trailer is getting a glimpse of what the movie is about through its visual effects, casting, overall plot, and the flow of the film. Every week or so I click through the newest trailers and to be honest there is rarely anything that stands out. Surprisingly I have come across four trailers that all deserve a little credit.

My Rating System:

This is pretty self-explanatory. A "thumbs down," means I am never going to see this movie because it looks awful. A "waving hand," emoji means this movie looks pretty good, but I'm going to wait till it comes out for free. A "thumbs up," mean this movie looks AWESOME and I am for sure going to the midnight premiere for this and dressing up as my favorite character.

OK, got it?! Good!

1. "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

For all of you that don't know this by now, the Star Wars universe will be releasing a new movie for the next five years. Yes! This means we get to look forward to at least one good movie for the next five years. To explain a little more, there will be two more Episodes and three anthology films that will take a different look at the stories themselves. To kick it all off we have got the trailer for the first subgenre film right here:

This Star Wars story is set to take place during the Galactic Civil War when the rebellion group's mission is to steal the plans to the first Death Star.The movie is taking on a whole new set of faces and characters in this film and did a pretty good job at casting. Felicity Jones, known mostly for her part in, "The Theory of Everything," is playing our leading lady as Jyn Erso. I think it is very interesting that they chose another woman to play their lead role in this film after Daisy Ridley's amazing job in Episode VII. Also, can't help but notice another familiar face, Riz Ahmed from, "A Night Of," playing the Jedha pilot, Bodhi Rook. Star Wars fan or not, you have to admit this trailer deserves a thumbs up. I am very excited to see how this movie turns out and will definitely be pre-ordering my tickets for this one.

2. "Logan"

It's sad to say, but this is Hugh Jackman's last time being Wolverine. I guess all good things must come to an end. What's good news is that Marvel is not planning on casting a new Wolverine anytime soon, which is probably for the best.

In the past "X-Men" films, Jackman played a young and undefeated Wolverine, but here we get to see an entirely different side of him. The movie seems to act as a farewell to both Wolverine and Pressor Xavier while still leaving hope for the future. The trailer features a new character, Laura Kinney, a young girl that Professor X says is, very much like Wolverine. I wasn't expecting for the trailer to have so much emotion, with the music and lack of fighting, but I have a feeling that old age isn't going to keep Logan from what he does best. This movie is looking pretty good to me and I definitely think I'm going to see this one in theaters. Only appropriate to not only give this a thumbs up, but three blades up.

3. "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2"

Finally! I think we all have been waiting for this one for awhile. Even though this is just a little sneak peak it has really gotten a lot of people excited for what is to come.

I'm not sure what makes this trailer better, baby Groot or mixtape #2. You can definitely tell from this short little teaser that they have made some improvements to the visual effects, but have really stayed true to what made the first movie so great. I can't say yet for sure if this is going live up to the last one, but I am very hopeful. I do wish they would have added some for of Rocket and Groot into this trailer, to be honest, but I'm guessing they are saving that for the official trailer later on. For now, I am just as excited as little dancing Groot, to see what is to come for Vol. 2.

4. "Split"

Now this trailer isn't a new as the others but seems to be a little underrated. I actually saw this trailer in theaters and had to go back and re-watch it because I wasn't totally sure how I felt about it at first.

The fact that some of my favorite scary movies are written by M. Night Shyamalan I figured I can't count this one out just yet. I am also not sure if I like the idea of James McAvory playing characters that are meant to give me nightmares. The concept for the movie seem to be interesting, but I'm not totally sure I'm sold on the actresses they cast. McAvory and his 23 personalities might have to carry this one for it to work out. I don't think I'll run to the theater to see this one but probably will watch it at some point when it's free.