Am I too old to hang out with my parents
Parents

You're never too old to hang out with your parents

"Family is key in my life"

195
Victoria Mysholowsky

The bond you hold with your parents is a special one. I was raised in a family-oriented household where I am extremely close to my parents and my two brothers.

When teenagers think of parents they typically think naggy or strict. When I think of my parents, I think of my role models and my number one supporters. For those of you who know me, you know family is key in my life.

You'll either see me posting Snapchat videos of my younger brother Chris being his silly self, or you'll see me post the more sentimental pictures. I share special relationships with both Christopher and Matthew, and my mom and dad.

My mom, Linda is a great mom and my best friend. You can catch us on the weekend singing and dancing to country music and 80's hits in the family room as late as 1 am. You'll see me with my dad laughing like crazy at his corny jokes. As mentioned, you can find Chris and I on Snapchat capturing our true selves—silly. Lastly, you will find Matthew watching over me as the overprotective big brother.

We share family traditions that forever go down as keepsakes within my memory. From the annual beach trips to Point Pleasant, visiting the aquarium and playing mini golf to exploring the boardwalk at night while having dinner at the hot spot, Martell's Tiki Grill; or the family dinners we share every night, as we discuss our day in length.

You are never too old to hang out with your parents. We continue to take car rides to the mall and have family game night with my parents.

I don't see my mom and dad as just the people who raised me, I see my parents as the people who are selfless, hard working, dedicated, intelligent, compassionate, and the loving people who raised my brothers and me to be thankful for everything and just to be kind, considerate people.

Sure we are entitled to our "alone time" locked away in our rooms, but I find that I call, text or FaceTime my parents more often since being in college. When I receive good news, I can't wait to share it with them in our group chat, or when I need some guidance I reach out to them for advice.

I suspect I will always do that, even when I'm on my own, or raising my own family one day. Making time for daily check-ins with my parents just to say hello or seek advice wilI be part of my routine. I know that they will always be there to support me and guide me through life.