11 Reasons Why You'll Never Regret Going To A Reptile Expo

There's only one downside- you can't take home every pet.

157
personal photo

You may ask, what's a reptile expo? It's a place where breeders of reptiles, amphibians, and bugs gather to sell and educate their adorable pets. There's so much to see and do at a reptile expo, below I listed 11 of the top reasons you'll never regret going to one.

11. Shopping

chompy bois

personal photo

There's no shortage of shopping at a reptile expo. There's plenty of novelty items with cute reptiles and puns on shirts, mugs, and vinyl stickers. They also have some unusual pieces like once I found animal skulls. You'll always be surprised at what you might find even if you're just browsing.

However, beyond the souvenirs, it's a great place to shop for your reptile pets. They have everything you could possibly imagine from feeder insects to substrate, terrariums, plants both real and fake, and so much more. Basically, anything you can think of to complete the perfect habitat for your pet. You have to watch prices from vendor to vendor but their generally cheaper than the average pet store. I've gotten steals for crickets and a cricket keeper for my Baby Basilisk.

10. Frogs!

froggos doin' an amaze

personal photo

You can't resist these cool fleets of nature. There's so many different types and each unique herp is precious.

9. Hold Cute Pets

An alligator being a heckin' good boi

personal Photo

Although be careful. Some vendors let people hold pets no problem, others are warier because they don't want their pets to catch any potential diseases. It just depends on the vendor.

8. Creating Memories with Friends

anonymous persons admiring the froggos

personal photo

Yeah going to the movies and the park is fun with your friends. Yet, the reptile offers a unique experience to spice up your adventures with your friends. You can experience it together and create new memories.

7. Snakes!

Vine sneks

personal photo

Just look at these danger noodles! How precious!

6. Always Something New

Halloween Crabbos doin' a climb

personal photo

Every time I've been to an expo there's always been something. One expo it's axolotls and the next it's baby alligators. New vendors and new pets equal new and exciting experiences.

5. Turtles!

Turtle saying hi

personal photo

D'aw, they're just so adorable. There's so many mini ones it's absolutely adorable.

4. Education

*screaming intensifies* by turtle

personal photo

Just ask and the vendors are willing to answer any question you have on care, health, and the general species. They are pretty knowledgeable about what they do, considering for a lot of them this is their full-time job. Some vendors even keep care guides that have helpful and useful info on the care of pets.

3. Lizards!

Mini lizzys

personal photo

There are little so many different types of Lizards. There's bearded dragons, geckos, iguanas, and so much more. The possibilities are endless with them.

2. Creepy Crawlers!

spooky misunderstood boi that just needs love

personal photo

My personal guilty pleasure. I would never own one but I think their cool to admire from a distance. You'll be surprised by how many different types of bugs people keep as pets beyond the scorpion and spider.

1. Finding Your New Best Friend

lizzy bros

personal photo

With so many different animals there you're bound to find one, or two, or three, or more that you'll want as your new best friend.