Never Give Up On Your Passion

Never Give Up On Your Passion

Find what keeps your soul alive.

785
Never Give Up On Your Passion
Kateri Hartman

Never give up on your passion.

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” —Nelson Mandela

What is passion?

According to Merriam-Webster’s dictionary, passion is a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept. To me, passion is more than a strong liking. It is a love. It is the kind of love, or maybe infatuation, that sets a fire in your heart. It’s the incredible yearning towards something so amazing that you simply cannot imagine life without it. Some people don’t know their passion. Some people spend their lives unaware of what makes their soul spark. Some people spend their lives living in a sort of state of “whatever”. They go through live completing tasks and doing activities that are simply alright. They do things that they kind of like, and they have some fun.

If you’re lucky enough to have found your passion, stick with it. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and believe me, your passion is yours for a reason. Why would I, a young girl raised in what is over-dramatically dubbed as the flattest place on the planet develop such an intense desire for everything related to the mountains, and mountain sports? With little to no exposure to these things in what world would it make sense for me to have an undying love for extreme sports, and cultures that I was not raised in? Honestly, I believe it is because that is where I’m meant to be. This does not mean that I am not meant to be where I am now, because again, everything happens for a reason, but I think I love the things I love for a reason. I think I was born to relentlessly chase after what makes my heart jump. I think you are too. After all, “you are what you love, not who loves you”. So please, do me, yourself, and all of those around you a favor and stick with whatever it is you love. Do you love music? Good, love it with everything you have. Do you love helping people? Amazing, you’re going to change the world. I guess what I’m trying to say here is, we all have that one thing. We all have that thing that makes our heart beat a little faster, and our smile a little brighter. With the way the world is, it can be hard to hold onto this. We can be blinded by money and people telling us what to do that it can get in the way of pursuing what we truly love. My wish for you is that you do not let that happen. My wish for you is that you do what you love for the rest of your life, and that you stay happy doing it.

“The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.” —Neil Gaiman