Why Nerds Will Take Over The World

Why Nerds Will Take Over The World

Say hello to your new emperor: Hermione Granger.

128
Why Nerds Will Take Over The World
Pyxurz

With the recent surge of Pokémon GO, nerds have shown not only intellectual ability but athletic mastery as well (once thought to be untouchable to academics). Because of this phenomenon, geeks have a chance to swoop in and save the 2016 Presidential election. How? By usurping the role of world leader. Don't believe me? Shove those coke-bottle glasses up the bridge of your nose and take a peek at your new candidate for torchbearer of the globe.

"Geeks have a chance to swoop in and save the 2016 Presidential election."

They have an expansive memory and vocabulary.

During my childhood, I held Pokemon players with high esteem because they knew every character name, power, and elemental constitution. Because over 700 exist, knowledge of at least 2100 facts in one area of study alone impresses me.

A nerd could take over the world through acts of espionage. Spies must have immense recollection abilities to remember codes and information about an enemy's weaknesses. If they know three flaws in 700 leaders of countries, they can "catch (and defeat) em all" before Pokemon Go improves their servers.

Nerds work well in teams (or armies).

Any gathering of Dungeons and Dragons or Quidditch teams at colleges proves the power of a nerdy army. A shared enthusiasm and dedication to one subject renders an intellectual team nearly unstoppable. Want to clash with a nerd who owns a sword in his trunk and a crossbow in the hood of his car? How about a group of ten? One hundred? Didn't think so . . .

They fly under the radar.

No one suspects the under spoken kid in glasses. Because teachers adore them -- they could get away with murder (in even more than their fanfiction novel). A nerd can easily eliminate any competition for world domination.

Nerds speak in languages commoners can't comprehend.

Doctor Who jargon and twirls of the tongue at medieval fairs squash the brains of ordinary peasants. Because nerds share a common language, others cannot decipher their plans to conquer society. By the time the FBI discovers a translation, the entire world will speak the lingo of the new leader.