My 2018 Summer Bucket List

My 2018 Summer Bucket List

4. Read a new book

171
My 2018 Summer Bucket List
Pineapple Supply Co.

Summer break is finally here, and I've decided that instead of lazing around my house I should get things done. It will be a long three months, so I might as well find a way to spend it. As my summer begins, there are a few things I'd like to accomplish and get out of the way.

Each summer I make these lists, and when August rolls around I find myself not having accomplished any of it, which is kind of a bummer considering I like to get things done. I'm taking quite a lot of trips this break, so I'll end up crossing off a lot like: feeding a giraffe at the San Diego Zoo, visiting two more Presidential Libraries and Museums and filling my 32 GB memory card.

1. Get a tattoo.

I'll be the first to admit, this is a drastic thing for me, but I've always wanted a tattoo and it'll have meaning.

2. Fill up a 32 GB memory card.

If you're a photographer or videographer or know a thing or two about memory cards, then you know how much space a 32GB memory card has... it's quite a lot, and I plan on using every space.

3. Start a Polaroid wall.

I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to Polaroid walls. This would be a great way to have memories of my summer, friends and family to look back and reminisce.

4. Read a book just for fun.

As a college student, I think it's safe to say I'm tired of reading assigned books. I want to use these next three months to knock out a few books from my reading list.

5. Take summer classes.

Are you really a proper college student if you don't at least take two classes in the summer just to get ahead or catch up?

6. Get back to working out.

I'm not trying to get a summer body, but I do want to get healthier, both physically and mentally. I couldn't do this while in school, but summer is here, so why not?

7. Get my citizenship.

For me, this is more of a life goal, but it's finally happening this summer. I can finally call myself a citizen of the U.S. instead of a permanent legal resident. I plan on becoming a dual citizen because I don't want to lose my Kenyan identity.

8. Visit all the Presidential Libraries and Museums.

My boyfriend and I have visited three of the 15 Presidential Libraries Museums, and we plan on adding two more to this list.

9. Feed a giraffe at the San Diego Zoo.

I've already done this, but it was at a much smaller zoo. The San Diego Zoo is a must, especially when visiting for the first time.

10. Go to a Texas Rangers game and actually stay.

Last summer, I went to my first baseball game. It wasn't an enjoyable experience due to the weather, but on the bright side: I had great seats and got free things.

11. Catch up on sleep and enjoy my summer.

Eight hours, that's all I need. Let's see if that can be accomplished.

Do you have a summer bucket list?