My Five Fav Workout Brands That Don't Break The Bank

Okay, don't get me wrong, sometimes (and I mean only, on a rare occasion) Lululemon can be great. I've splurged and bought quite a few things from there over the years and always found that I'm paying a high price for a high quality. But when it comes to workout clothes, beyond the basics, I get more excited about working out when I have fun outfits to accompany me. So, I started buying less Lululemon and more inexpensive items that Lululemon just doesn't offer, to have more variety! You'd be surprised how many different brands are out there if you look just a little beyond the Lululemon (and other high end brands).

111
unsplash.com

Check out my five favorite brands that are not only stylish and fun activewear, but affordable too!

1. Joy Lab by Target

Women's Tonal Striped Crop Top - JoyLab™

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-tonal-striped-crop-top-joylab-153/-/A-53218445?preselect=53166527#lnk=sametab

Target has SERIOUSLY stepped up their game in the activewear department over the last few years. First, C9 slowly got better (because let's be honest, it was pretty rough at first) and then, Target started introducing other brands like my new fav, Joy Lab. By bringing in other lines Target added endless variety to its activewear offerings and Joy Lab is a perfectly affordable workout line that I am loving. The sports bras and tanks are my favorites so far!

2. DSG

DSG Women's Performance 7/8 Leggings

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/dsg-womens-performance-7-8-leggings-19qyfwcrprfrmnc78waa/19qyfwcrprfrmnc78waa

I stumbled across DSG apparel line while roaming through Dick's Sporting Goods earlier this summer and WOAH was I pleasantly surprised. They had cute, fun colored 7/8 length leggings (all the rage) and the price... $35?! I tried them out immediately to see how they could be so cheap, but also comfortable and durable. And, sure enough, they hold up! I love the Icy Purple color and of course had to buy the matching sports bra to go with it. Check out the leggings linked above!

3. Chill.Play.Move by Aerie

American Eagle Outfitters Men's & Women's Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

https://www.ae.com/us/en/p/women/leggings/aerie-leggings/aerie-move-color-block-high-waisted-7-8-legging/0491_4794_410?menu=cat4840006

Aerie's Chill. Play. Move line has continued to impress me over the years. They've expanded what they do so well into a line of comfy workout (or chill out) clothes that you can mix and match for just about any occasion. I've always loved their sports bras and leggings - and I love supporting a brand that's all about empowering women. S/o Aerie!

4. Evolution & Creation (@TJ Maxx)

High Waist Cropped Leggings - Leggings & Pants - T.J.Maxx

https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/High-Waist-Cropped-Leggings/1000518311?crs=PDP&rrec=true

TJ Maxx is my go-to for a lot more than just activewear - but just like anything else they sell - if you're willing to search for it, it's always worth it! While the store is never the most organized and finding the best items can be a maze, that's kind of half the fun of getting a good deal! Evolution & Creation is one of the activewear brand's TJ sells that I've loved & had no problem sweating my booty off during yoga in. Check out the white camo leggings linked above!

5. Old Navy

Women's Activewear & Workout Clothes | Old Navy

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=480800012&cid=1100904&pcid=1038317&grid=pds_38_172_1#pdp-page-content

Okay, let's be real, people forget about Old Navy. They have such cute activewear, an entire collection of it actually, and the prices are crazy good. I've always found their leggings and other items to be comparable to Lululemon quality and they aren't nearly the price. Pro tip: always shop Old Navy online for the best deals! More size selection and ALWAYS better clearance and sales.

I hope you can add these five to your list of favorite activewear brands, find something you love, and then of course hit the gym for your favorite workout!