My Favorite Color Is Yellow For This Reason​

My Favorite Color Is Yellow For This Reason

Who doesn't want to radiate positivity via the color yellow?

19

My favorite color is yellow. I love it so much, and I wish I owned more of it in wardrobe. I only have like 2 or 3 yellow clothing items and of them is ruined because of an ink-stain.

Yellow is awesome for so many reasons, and I love that. My school colors are blue and yellow, so I get to wear my favorite color and still show school spirit, it's like killing 2 birds with one stone.

That's not the biggest reason why I love yellow so much. In fact, I've loved the color yellow far before I even knew that the University of Delaware existed. Yellow is just a great color that everyone should love.

The biggest reason why I love yellow so much is that yellow reminds me of happiness. Yellow is a bright color and whenever I see it, I think happiness. The feeling of happiness is a feeling that almost everyone loves, I don't think I have ever met someone that likes feeling sad. However, I could easily be wrong in that statement, and if I am, it makes me curious to why those people like feeling sad.

To me happiness is the best emotion to feel. Whenever I am happy, I am motivated to do work, I am motivated to do more nice things for people, I feel better about myself, I am more confident, and I am overall a better person to be around. When I am sad and miserable, I am REALLY annoying to be around, and it's not fun for anyone.

I absolutely hate feeling sad though. Sad emotions are the emotions that I tend to run away from because I hate them so much. I just don't deal with it well because when I am sad, I overthink and become sensitive to a bunch of other things that won't matter in 5 minutes.

Feeling happy is a feeling that is just better. Life is so short, we don't know how we long we have, why be miserable? If I have the choice to be sad or happy, I'd choose happiness faster than the speed of light.

I feel happy when I see yellow. Not only is it my favorite color, but that color just reminds me of that feeling because of the color itself. I remember being little and learning the basic emotions of happiness, sadness, and angry. Happiness was ALWAYS shown through a yellow smiley face, whereas sadness was done in with a blue frowny face, and angry was done with a red angry face.

The emojis on our phones, the smiling emojis are yellow, the angry emojis are red, the sick emojis tend to be green, and most of the sad emojis have some type of blue in them. This just shows that yellow correlates with the feeling of happiness in a lot of others' brains. That's so cool to me.

Outside of yellow being the color for happiness, it's also such a pretty color. It's the color of sunflowers, and those flowers are gorgeous. Also, it's usually the color of the sun in cartoons and the sun is always smiling and awesome. Plus, we need the sun for life on earth, so it's important. Hence yellow is the best color and it's an important color.