10 Movies, Classic And New, To Watch When You're Sick
Film

Because I've learned the hard way that "Titanic" is not the best move.

255

Today, I woke up at 5 a.m.—not something I normally do on a daily basis in summer. I am an absolute wuss when I'm sick, and I only ever want to do two things: sleep and watch movies. Though much to the amusement of my mother, I have to avoid any and all movies that have water in them. I am not one to get motion sickness easily, but that all changed when I tried to watch "Titanic" once with a bad cold.

So if you're as queasy as I am, here are some of my favorite, water-less movies that always make me feel better.

The Princess Bride

A classic film that I want to watch no matter how I'm feeling. And the little boy hearing the story is home sick too, so it works perfectly!

Ever After

In the same fairy tale vein as the first film, "Ever After" is probably one of my favorite versions of the Cinderella story. The dress that Danielle wears to the ball? I want to get married in that.

Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone

I always have to watch a Harry Potter film when sick. This one is my favorite because I can fall asleep and still know what's going on when I wake up.

Steel Magnolias

My mother always says the best thing to do when you're sick is to have a good cry to "loosen everything up" (gross, but true I suppose). "Steel Magnolias" is the perfect film for that because you'll have a good cry, but then you'll laugh and everything will be OK.

Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella (1997)

Yes, another Cinderella movie. But this musical version is an absolute delight to watch, and with Whitney Houston as the fairy godmother? This movie has it all!

Some Kind Of Wonderful

You can never go wrong with a John Hughes movie, and this is one of my absolute favorites. Plus, I've never seen anyone rock fringed and fingerless gloves like Watts does.

Midnight In Paris

A whimsical plot indeed, but the best part of this film is the jazzy soundtrack that is perfect for late afternoon naps!

Fantastic Mr. Fox

I always love a good animated movie, and Wes Anderson does not disappoint!

Dumplin'

This Netflix original is so cute and lighthearted, you just can't help but feeling good after watching it. It really has everything: Southern charm, drag queens, Dolly Parton, and great friendships!

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

I think I've only met one person who didn't like this movie (Dad, I'm looking at you). Another Netflix original and definitely one of my favorites, "To All The Boys..." is such a great feel-good movie, and I totally watched it this morning.

So here's to hoping that your day is going much better than mine, but if it isn't, these movies never fail to cheer me up. And now it's time to pop in a movie and take a nice, long nap!