10 Movies You Forgot About And Need To Remember

If you find yourself in a movie rut and watch the same stuff all the time, this is for you.

123
Letter Boxd

Maybe I'm the only one, but I always forget about the movies I watched and loved, no matter how many times I've watched them. So if you're caught up in a stressful workload, I highly recommend taking a break to watch one of these amazing movies that you might've forgotten about.

1. "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (1988)

This will go down in history as a classic; it has all the elements of one! Romance, scandal, drama, and action... yes I know it's a cartoon but that doesn't make it any less of a movie.

2. "Space Jam" (1996)

Yes, another cartoon, but it's a basketball movie and a sci-fi movie all in one! Plus, if you've ever gone as Lola bunny for Halloween, and you haven't seen this movie, you're probably a terribly awful person.

Also, Michael Jordan. Micheal Jordan plays himself in this movie, which means that someone asked Micheal Jordan the basketball player, to become Michael Jordan the actor, to play the role of himself, and act with the majority of the rest of the cast being cartoons, and he said yes. That deserves this bonus gif.

3. "The Proposal" (2009)

Sandra Bullock is Ryan Reynolds boss, and she forces him to marry him so she doesn't get deported. Name a funnier scenario.

4. "The Imitation Game" (2014)

Benedict Cumberbatch plays a math genius that solves the enigma code and basically invents the computer. That thing you're reading this on right now? Yeah, you owe it to this guy, so watch this movie.

5. "The Breakfast Club" (1985)

Do I need to explain? I will, but I really shouldn't have to. Actually, no I won't, just go watch it.

6. "Footloose" (2011)

A movie you can watch and sing and dance along to?! This was the OG high school musical except there's a plot and it's actually a good movie.

7. "The Princess Bride" (1987)

Okay watching the male lead roll down a mountain screaming "as you wish" and then watching the princess roll down that same mountain because she realized she was in love with him is hilarious and you know it.

8. "The Godfather" (1972)

If you haven't seen this I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed into movie theaters.

9. "The Godfather 2" (1974)

Yes, this is the sequel to the last one, but it deserved its own number.

10. "The Great Gatsby" (2013)

Yes, it's cheesy, and yes, I know you read it in high school and your English teacher probably made you hate it by talking about the symbolism of the green light. But, the movie would never make you talk about symbolism, the movie would never do that to you. Leonardo dicaprio is in it, so watch it because sometimes you just need a cheesy movie with Leo, yah know?

These movies are def the best way to procrastinate doing homework. Feel free to let me know if I left any important ones off the list, but these are definitely the set of movies that you have to watch in order to pick up on weird references in daily life. You're welcome.