I Have More Photos Of My Dog On My Phone Than Anyone Else And I Am Perfectly Fine With That

I Have More Photos Of My Dog On My Phone Than People And I Am Perfectly Fine With That

Dogs are better than people.

187

First things first, my dog is my best friend.

This may seem weird, but fellow dog owners that know the joys of companionship understand this. I have other friends. Human friends. But honestly, I would rather spend time hanging out with my dog. With all our good times together, there is bound to be an abundance of photos.

Rebecca Swyers

Having the 100's of photo's of my dog, Millie, on my phone makes bad days better. Since I am going to college in another state, I do not get the luxury of living with my dog at the moment. Apart from the rare FaceTime calls with her that I painfully put my dad through, these photo's of her are all that I have. That might be a good thing, it might not be the brightest idea for a 20-year-old to be caring for a dog on a budget but that does not mean I do not miss her.

Am I feeling sad? Look at pictures of my pup. Happy? More pictures. Do I miss my dog? Then that is the best way to cope! Looking at pictures of your dog will always make you feel better and ensures happiness all around. All dogs make everyday life special and anyone who has a furry friend of their own understands that!

Yes, I have photos of my friends and the places I travel to. Of course! I want to cherish those memories and I have a lot of photos from them. But I have more pictures of my dogs because who else is going to be that cute? Nobody! Even when I have had a boyfriend in the past, there was still more pictures of my dog. I wish there was even more than there is honestly.

I mean, what do dogs do that is not cute enough for a photoshoot? I have pictures of my dog sleeping, running, walking, eating, playing, cuddling, and the list goes on and on. Some pictures are beautifully posed and others are just derpy.

Rebecca Swyers

Dogs are a gift we do not deserve.

I think everyone should give their pupperoni's an extra hug and kiss today while taking a cute photo of/with them. Having plenty of pictures of them is so important because unlike friends or family, they on this earth for a short amount of time (sad, I know). We have to cherish the 10, give or take, years we get with them on earth. I want my kids to remember their first dog and have pictures with them to cherish for the rest of their life. I want to remember the dog I have now in 30 years when I am in a different season of life, possibly with a new dog.

Having more photos of my dog than anyone else is a blessing, not a curse. When people forsake me, my dog is always there. Having these photo's will be the memories of my baby that I will have forever.