Let Your Voice Be Heard, Because WE'VE HAD ENOUGH

We've had enough with the hate and social injustice, so we are taking this by force!

49

You look at social media and you see riots and protests for the death of George Floyd. You see that we are outraged about racism and social injustice towards the African American community. We ask ourselves, when will this stop? When will people stop killing us? When people see the color of our skin, they are threatened. They get scared. Yet, it doesn't mean that they have the right to kill us. To treat us like animals. We deserve the same rights just like everyone else, because we built this country. We've been fighting injustice towards the community for 400 years. Since people refuse to listen, then we have to make them listen.

There are protests that demand justice for our community. We march. We fight back, yet there are certain types of protests that are taking it too far. Every time I look at people stealing from stores, I ask them, "What is that going to solve?" It's not going to bring George Floyd, or Breonna Taylor back. When people burn down stores and franchises, I feel disgusted, because of what our civil rights leaders taught us.

Let's rewind back to when Martin Luther King Jr. died. When we found out that he died, people started to burn down stores. Destroy cars and neighborhoods. When I look at things like that, I say, "This is not what Martin Luther King Jr. taught us." We are destroying his teachings and the ideas of peace. Yet, there are some people who believe in the impact of violence and hatred. Yet, we should not be fighting people. We should be fighting hatred and ignorance. To everyone who is destroying their neighborhoods, look at your city. Is this what we want to teach the next generation?

This is hard for all of us, because we've seen no change for our community. But, in order to change the world. We have to change ourselves. Change your perspective on people. Not all people are racist. Not all people are ignorant. Take the people who demand justice, and protest. Let your voice be heard. Take a stand for those who can't. Take a stand for the next generation. Take a stand so that social injustice will come to an end.

Every time you stand up to social injustice, think of Trayvon Martin, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland, and say to injustice that the list ends NOW. Tell social injustice to watch out, because peace and equality is coming, Unity is coming. For we are one. We create opportunities and teach equality. You want to know when this will end? Ask yourself that question, because you are the FIRE STARTER. You will blaze a trail where you stand up and say, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Stand up and say BLACK LIVES MATTER.

I ask you to stand up for what's right. Stand up for the people who have fallen due to social injustice, because they can't stand anymore. We did not fight slavery and segregation to take steps backward. But I ask you to remember where you came from. And I ask you to LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD.