Mind Over Matter

Mind Over Matter, Instead Of Matter Over Mind

Finding beauty and power in a place where told there's none… Well, we have mind over matter, instead of matter over mind.

115

We live— moving forward, never-ending, racing time. We laugh—never knowing, we'll forget most of the punch lines. Some memories can't make it through the tests of time.

Some smiles never make it past, the second lie, though we try. And every day, is lived in one life, and you can run, but can't escape, and you can't hide— the power. The power of the mind…

The world goes on and people change, but some will claim they stayed the same, yet they have dropped the dice. Perception plays a funny game, deceiving truth and placing blame, but never on its lies.

And memories, they fade to light, and every day goes onto night, and soon, the life is lived. Burned, ashamed, and pointing fingers, never knowing whose the winner… though saying it won't matter who wins. Mind over matter.

Different eyes hold different wounds, just as night holds different moons, and minds their memories. Some of us look back in time and wish the past came to life, but that destroys the story.

And others cry because they hurt, and wish the mind could burn past words, but that can change your life. Through different battles, time, and change, the thoughts that our minds keep the same, oh we have mind over matter.

If we all think of what we want, and not because it's right or wrong, we can achieve the goal. It's all in the head—your power and essence. It's all the mind—your story, your life.

What we choose to remember, holds importance to our lives. What we choose to work hard for represents the good fight. Finding beauty and power in a place where told there's none… Well, we have mind over matter, instead of matter over mind…