The Differences Of Living In Eastern Michigan And Western Michigan

When You Grew Up On One Side And Moved To The Other, Michigan Edition

Growing up in Michigan has its ups and downs...

53
michigan
Instagram

After having lived on the east side of Michigan for my whole life and frequently visiting the west side, I have noticed some major differences between those who live in Michigan depending on which side they associate with most.

People:

On the east side, the people are very straightforward and blunt about things which can come off as rude.

On the west side, the people are more reserved but talk shit behind your back and that is how they are rude.

On the east side, people aren't as friendly but they are typically more genuine people.

On the west side, people are a lot more friendly but that friendliness turns dark, as they are very judgmental people.

On the east side, people don't seem to worry about others and are more carefree and chill.

On the west side, people are very uptight and you can tell that they care a lot about what others think.

Places:

On the east side, depending on where you go, they seem very affordable whether it be for gas, groceries or anything else.

On the west side pretty much everywhere you go, you are going to be paying much more for everything.

On the east side, it seems like places don't care much about the overall planet or its needs besides having most lakes over there.

On the west side, it seems like everywhere you go there is recycle bins and flyers talking about how we need to save the Earth.

On the east side there seems to be many more eclectic places and unique opportunities that are brought around.

On the west side, there seems to only be small shops and less interesting places to visit as they are generic.

Things:

On the east side, we don't have to worry about the Michigan left turn, and the seemingly more aggressive drivers.

On the west side, there are Michigan left's and the drivers are just unaware of others and honestly suck.

On the east side, we have more lakes but most of the city people come out and ruin the experience.

On the west side, there is a large lake that is on the coast and you don't have to worry about people ruining your time or taking up space.

On the east side, we have better weather but our overall system for clearing roads of ice and snow is ineffective.

On the west side it is very hit or miss with the weather and it is always colder especially with lake effect.

In the end, Michigan is a beautiful unique place with so many things to offer; life in Michigan, regardless of where you live, is always going to be unique and different. From the cold winter storms, the hot hot summer days or the cool spring, it is truly an amazing experience to live in such a unique place. Michigan is full of little treasures and beautiful locations everywhere you go and I am personally lucky enough to call this state home.