Me Too: My Sexual Assault Story

This past week in headlines has been nothing but stories on Harvey Weinstein. We are focusing on him on what he did. He is a monster stop showing his face, think of how all of the women who he hurt have to see him on their TV everyday. I know how they feel because I was once the victim of sexual assault. It is a story that I don't talk about much but in light of everything I am ready to stand up with these women and tell my story.

I was sexually assaulted when I was in middle school, barely even came into my own. Part of my innocence was taken from me. It happened during school during my art class. It was someone I was friends with, a boy who thought my body was his. As we sat in art class his hand went to the outside of my thigh, then to the inside of my thigh, I whispered for him to stop, but he didn't. Then he took my innocence and tried to make my body his own. He out his hand up the inside of my shirt and felt my breast through the side of my bra. I was so scared that I didn't know what to do. I was so young and this terrible thing just happened to me.

After school I walked out to my Mom's car since she picked me up. I got in and broke down in tears. I told her what happened. We went back into the school and talked to the principle. The thing is he didn't care, oh yeah he still works there. He told me I might be making it up, why didn't I say anything during class. The tears never stopped. I was being told I was a liar. My Mom fought for me. She knew I was not lying.

All that principle did was move this boys seat in my art class. i still had my locker next to his, I still sat next to him in home room. He only got detention, he was supposed to be suspended. The worst part is his parents never knew that he did this to me until my Mother sent the police to his house.

I was given the option of prosecuting him in court. My Mother and I decided to not make me go through the pain anymore. But something good did come of sexual assault. Jeannette School District changed their policy on sexual assault because my Aunt fought for me. We fought so that no other girl would have to go through what I went through.

My sexual assault is always with me. It is something that changed me. I am more closed around guys because I am afraid it will happen again. But it made me stronger and it made me want to fight for every other women who has been through sexual assault.

We need to stand with them and we need to help them. It is a terrible thing to go through especially because the man always seems to get away with it all. They take something from us that was never theirs and then people try to say we were asking for it. Let me ask you was middle school me wearing jeans and a t-shirt asking for it? That answer is up to you but let me tell the real answer will always be no. I never asked for this to happen in my life. So think about that the next time we hear about it in the news.